Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

A 99 Oddy won't work for me right???

I've been in the market for a 2001 or newer Odyssey and haven't been able to find one. My Dad works for a car dealer so I'll be getting a deal when we find one. So today he found a 99, but from what I can understand from what I read, it's not going to work for us because of the tether anchor situation.
    Our kids/seats are as follows (in my Durango that we'd be selling):
    Faith - hbb - third row
    Griffin - hbb - third row
    Rayn - Radian or Apex - second row captains chair
    Riley - TF - second row Captains chair. (Forward facing contrary to my siggy pic. He's 35lbs now)

I want something that I can get three across in the back row with eventually, because we plan on having another baby in the next year or two so we'd have Faith/Rayn (in the Radian)/Griffin in the third row, and then Riley and new baby in captain's chairs.

We're in CANADA so I need to be able to tether at least in the centre of the third row and under BOTH of the 2nd row captain's chairs. Is this doable??? I need to give him an answer today. Please help!
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: A 99 Oddy won't work for me right???

This site may be of help to you regarding the Top Tether locations for the Odyssey. http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

"1999: 2x 8mm threaded weld nuts in lower rear trim panel for 2nd or 3rd row use. "

You will not have latch.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

I have a 1999 Odyssey. It will not work for you. The captains seats use the same tether anchors as the rear outboard seats (in the cargo area), and you have to fold down the third row, plus have ridiculously long tethers to do so. When my DD is FFing, we will tether to a third row seatbelt since we don't need those seating positions for passengers.
    michelle mama to
    dd 10.30.06 graco connext & recaro performance booster
    ds 5.4.10 sunshine kids radian xtsl & graco nautilus safety surround
    riding safely in a 2014 mazda 5 and a 2002 subaru forester

Just as I had suspected Thanks for the advice though ladies.
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT