Twins and Sextuplets- the carseats they use

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Did anyone see the show on Discovery Health "Surviving Twins and Sextuplets?" It has been on several times before.

The family on this show had 3-year-old twin girls and decided to try for one more baby. They got sextuplets!! Now they have 16-month-old sextuplets and 5-year-old twins. Wow!

I was a bit disappointed to see that most of the sextuplets were in FF ComfortSports. I kept thinking, "They are still so little! Put them back RF!" However, there was still one baby in a RF Snugride. At least that one was RF!

It is so funny how you start to notice carseats on all these shows...

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yeah, but from what I noticed they were at least used right. I saw the dad shake one of the seats when they were putting them in the limo. And they only put 2 of the babies in each limo so they must've been thinking a little about carseats then I would think. I also can't imagine trying to get all the babies in and out of the van if they were rfing. I did see them have the infant carrier out though, so I wonder if the little one they mentioned still fit in it?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Patriot20171 said:
It is so funny how you start to notice carseats on all these shows...

LOL, I was just watching Runway Moms this morning...and I was so saddened to see this new mom & dad loading and OLD Century Infant seat w/aftermarket head insert, into the trunk to take to the hospital for their newborn. I'm pretty sure this is a brand new series...which would make that seat expired.

Splash

Except...
They put the infant seat in FORWARD FACING in the limo.

I saw that show a few months ago and while I also wished they were all RF, I do understand that logistically that might be a nightmare. At least all the harnesses were tight and everything. But when they were leaving the show, it shows mom in the limo with the baby in the infant carrier buckled in forward facing.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
See, I didn't think they did. I thought mom was maybe sitting on the side bench seat of the limo kind of behind the infant seat. At first I thought it was ffing, but then I decided it wasn't. lol

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I think the mom was on the side seat with the snugride RF as well.

I too was checking out the carseats!

Susan

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
KaysKidz said:
LOL, I was just watching Runway Moms this morning...and I was so saddened to see this new mom & dad loading and OLD Century Infant seat w/aftermarket head insert, into the trunk to take to the hospital for their newborn. I'm pretty sure this is a brand new series...which would make that seat expired.

Was that the show with the mother named Ferris and the father named Aaron? They had an older infant carseat with an aftermarket head rest in it. When the father questioned the head insert, the mother-to-be said "That is so her head won't fall apart." Hmmm....

If it was that family, I understand that finances were tight (according to the mother), but there must be other options.

Ferris said her mom started shopping the minute she found out Ferris was pregnant and hasn't stopped yet. Maybe Ferris should ask her mom to buy her new grand daughter a carseat. OR, maybe instead of shopping for clothes and shoes for herself, Ferris should shop for a new carseat for the baby. Ferris said she had already bought herself a whole new wardrobe of "non-maternity" clothes. If finances are that tight, I would think doing something like that wouldn't be possible.

Maybe I am being too hard on the poor woman.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Splash said:
I also wished they were all RF, I do understand that logistically that might be a nightmare. At least all the harnesses were tight and everything.

You are right- I'm sure having six RF children in convertibles would be a total nightmare! I can't imagine how long it would take to get the babies in and out of the car. But it would be safer. Those kids are pretty little, still!

It did appear that they were using the seats correctly, which is definitely good!

All eight of their children are absolutely beautiful!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Patriot20171 said:
Was that the show with the mother named Ferris and the father named Aaron?

Yep, that was the couple. Last time I knew, models made pretty darn good money...so I don't see WHY they couldn't afford a $60-$100 car seat. And I agree...that's what Grandma's are for!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I noticed on their website you can email them. I'm thinking of emailing them.

I'm gonna tell them how they give me hope as I'm beginning my first IVF cycle. I also thought that I would compliment them on their carseat usage since we see so much that is wrong and then mention extended RF and invite them here to read/post with us all.

The van they have is what Jenna(i think that's her name)was looking into getting as well.

What do y'all think?

Susan

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Does anyone know what the stroller they are using in the last few pictures is called? I would love a triplet umbrella stroller!

The older girls are in AO's, they look like that are ok at the time of the photo but they are just about to outgrow the limits.

It looks like they are really good about chest clips and harness tightness, in one photo you can see part of one of the younger FFing child's chest clip and it looks like its in the right place and up against her body like it should be.

They look so tiny, i can hardly believe they are 2 (born may 11th 2004). I must say i dont blame her for turning those who have outgrown their infant seats, I have considered several times turning my own twins when their adjusted age hits one year it really is hard to extend RFing with multiples. I'm not looking forward to having three to strap in, let alone six, it would take forever and i cant imagine trying to keep you hands on all the unbuckled ones while you're trying to unbuckle the others!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Dreaming_of_Speed said:
I have considered several times turning my own twins when their adjusted age hits one year it really is hard to extend RFing with multiples. I'm not looking forward to having three to strap in, let alone six, it would take forever and i cant imagine trying to keep you hands on all the unbuckled ones while you're trying to unbuckle the others!

I have multiples rf on a regular basis, and have several kids harnessed in my suburban. It's really just a matter of being organized. Right now, my crew consists of a 15mo old rf in BV outboard, 14mo rf RA center, 31lb 2yr old ff BV outboard (3rd row), 36lbs 3yr old ff MA and 41lbs 4yr old Parkway, 2nd row outboard.

When I unload everybody, first I reach into the 3rd row from the driver side and unbuckle that child. Then remove the 15mo old. Go around to the other side and take the 4yr old out. He then stands next to the car. I then slide his seat fwd, unbuckle the 2yr old and remove both of those kids from the 3rd row. Then slide the seat back, set the 15mo old in the PW...while keeping a hand on him, I unbuckle the 14mo old. Pick up 15mo old, put on one hip...reach in and pick up the other toddler and put him on the other. By now...the older kids have been instructed to go into the house (if we were home). If we are out, they are unloaded one at a time, and put directly into the stroller. The oldest 2 walk.

I've also had a rf Safeseat installed...so that makes 3 rf and it's not a big deal.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
missyprissy82 said:
According to their webpage, Chicco donated 2 prototype triplet strollers to them, and I'm thinking this is it. It looks like a chicco label on the seats themselves.

Melissa

damn. damn. damn. finally i find a triplet stroller that looks like it would work well for us and it probably isnt available. I wonder if they would sell one for the right amount of money. ;) I doubt it and i doubt i have the money but man do i want one!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
missyprissy82 said:
I'd rather have a front to back stroller any day. Pushing a twin stroller is a PITA, a triplet must be awful. Can't fit through any doors, etc.

Melissa

LOL, a triplette ANYTHING is a PITA. I have a Peg Perego Triplette, and it's a BEAST. It's fine for zoo or mall walking, but that's about it. I wish I could get my hands on the Inglesina and see if it's any better.

skaterbabs

Yeah, I can imagine how a triple would be a beast. I refuse to ever use a tandem again - I hated mine. I loved my side-by-sides though (had three.)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think this family has several different strollers they use (I think!).

I saw the two Chicco triplet strollers, two Peg Perego Triplette strollers, and then I think I read somewhere that they got a 6-seat Runabout too.

I bet you become an expert on strollers when you have that many little ones! Those parents could probably teach all of us a lesson about which strollers are easy to use and which ones aren't! :)

I still think their kids are just the cutest! :)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I can understand her need to turn them forward facing as soon as they were able to. I can't imagine getting 6 babies out of the car. I was very impressed about their carseat usage. The only thing I saw that I didn't like is in one shot towards the end of the show it showed the little ones harnessed with their coats on.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Dreaming_of_Speed said:
Does anyone know what the stroller they are using in the last few pictures is called? I would love a triplet umbrella stroller!

The older girls are in AO's, they look like that are ok at the time of the photo but they are just about to outgrow the limits.

It looks like they are really good about chest clips and harness tightness, in one photo you can see part of one of the younger FFing child's chest clip and it looks like its in the right place and up against her body like it should be.

They look so tiny, i can hardly believe they are 2 (born may 11th 2004). I must say i dont blame her for turning those who have outgrown their infant seats, I have considered several times turning my own twins when their adjusted age hits one year it really is hard to extend RFing with multiples. I'm not looking forward to having three to strap in, let alone six, it would take forever and i cant imagine trying to keep you hands on all the unbuckled ones while you're trying to unbuckle the others!

From the pics it looks like they might be using the AO's as boosters and not with the internal harness.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You all are right about the carseats...

When I go to their website and look at the photos there, it looks like they ARE properly using the seats. I just didn't see everything correctly when I was watching it on TV.

It is amazing! I can't imagine trying to get eight kids in and out of carseats each time you go out. I guess Mady and Cara can probably get themselves in and out, but still! Wow!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC