All I want for Christmas....

Farm_Mama

Nobody in my life gets it, but I want a new car. Not because I don't like my car(I LOVE it!) but because it's little(Civic) and it limits our car seat potential. So, when it comes right down to it, I want a new car so I can get new car seats. Y'all understand, right? :) It's a terrible terrible sickness we suffer from, this car seat fetish business. At least I know I'm in good company with y'all. :D

ADS

scatterbunny

I hear you. :p I downsized to a Focus from a Windstar over the summer, mainly due to gas prices, and now that they're back down again, I miss my minivan something fierce. :( The Focus is easy to install one seat anywhere you want, pretty much, but if you want two seats, they pretty much have to both go outboard, unless one is really narrow, and you work hard to find two that puzzle well together. Fitting three-across is quite a feat, and takes lots of work and puzzling and trial and error. I miss the space and comfort of the minivan so much, but I prefer to drive the smaller car, and it's definitely easier on the pocketbook.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've been riding public transportation for a year now . . . I just want a car -- any car, really, but preferably a Civic Hybrid or Prius.... Wanna trade scenarios? :whistle:;):p

Farm_Mama

I've been riding public transportation for a year now . . . I just want a car -- any car, really, but preferably a Civic Hybrid or Prius.... Wanna trade scenarios? :whistle:;):p

Out in our neck of the woods(aka hickville) there's no such thing as public transportation. It'd be kind of fun.... for a while.... maybe. Don't know if I've ever been on a transit bus before.

If/when you get a car I HIGHLY recommend both the Civic Hybrid and the Prius. We have a Civic Hybrid and my mom has a Prius. We both LOVE our cars!! :love:
Surprisingly, the backseat of mom's Prius tends to be more accommodating with car seats. You wouldn't know it looking at the little thing, but it's quite spacious. We have an '04 Civic though. I know that the newer ones are slightly larger and oh so purdy.
We'd love, love, love a new Camry Hybrid. BEEAYOUTIFUL!

Farm_Mama

Fitting three-across is quite a feat, and takes lots of work and puzzling and trial and error.

No kidding!! The Radian has been our lifesaver!!! Don't know what we'd do without them.

The gas thing though... woohoo for compacts/hybrids!! Traded in a gas guzzling Envoy for a Civic Hybrid. Best thing I ever did.

cryswilkins

I have never had a carseat that didn't install in our Civic. Sure 3 across can be tricky, but its a great car for the size.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hehe, I had to move into the city from farm country -- I used to have a commute to school, but now I just have to walk 3 blocks to the bus stop: both have theyir pros & cons :rolleyes:
Surprisingly, the backseat of mom's Prius tends to be more accommodating with car seats. You wouldn't know it looking at the little thing, but it's quite spacious.
I know! My mother has a Prius, too & I was pleasantly surprised that I could fit the Husky/Regent + Apex both outboard with just enough room for kiddo to use the Ride Saver Travel Vest Center (that was completely impossible in our '97 Civic 2 door: that car also had incompatability issues thanks to the buckles being forward of the seat bite)

If I do get a car anytime soon, though, I'll probably be lucky to get something as new as 1997 :eek:

Kat_Momof3

gimme a few years and I might!

Seriously... even with gas prices cheap, if we don't have anymore kids, it would be DOABLE to do even long trips in dh's car, and save us so much... and in a few years, the kids will be too old for the only place we like to go where you can't take the bus to get there (children's museum)

I just keep thinking that we would still need me to have a vehicle for some things... dh thinks so, too, but if we don't have more kids, I can see where I might THINK about downsizing, at least, and using public transport as our PRIMARY transport.

(I also want to get the kids used to taking a city bus with me before they get to the age where they would want to be able to/need to be able to know how to do it without me... there isn't much you can walk to around here.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC