Compass B500

Maggie

Can anyone give me any information about this seat?

My BFF has one that she no longer needs and is willing to pass onto me. No accidents, not expired.

DD1 is harnessed in my car and DH's. However, it would be nice to have something for my parents to use. She is almost 5, 50 lbs and super tall. She's at preschool and I have no idea the exact # right now.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Might be a good choice for your kiddo for now. It's a wide seat, and short, but 'short' only in that tall 7 yo's are too tall for it, you should get some time out of it :). Not so hot on the SIP, but it does at least have EPS foam in the wings. The flip up armrests are nice for young booster users to buckle easily themselves...and of course it folds nice and small for storage!

Maggie

I had a feeling it wasn't one of the taller boosters out there. I'll have to try DD out in it and see how it fits her. Thanks!

scatterbunny

Ditto everything Julie said. :) FWIW, my dd probably could have made it to her 7th birthday in a B500.

Here's what my dd looked like in the Compass B510 (essentially the same as the B500; slightly deeper head wings, and adjusted slightly taller, but the same basic design and fit) at 5.5yo, about 48 inches tall and 48-49 pounds:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Maggie

Thanks for the pictures. When DD got home from school I measured her and she's 47 inches. Your DD reminds me very much of mine in the way she's built. Her stats are very close to my DD's.

It looks like it has a pretty deep seat. Is that true? E has SUPER long legs and get very uncomfortable with seats that have a short seat depth. She hated her Marathon.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I handed our B510 down to my friend -- we have both traveled with it & had no complaints in that area :) Much easier to carry a folding booster with designated carry handle than other high back boosters: she even liked it more than packing the Turbo's high back portion & carrying the backless base....

Maggie

I think my parents will really like that it folds. DD rarely rides with them. My dad picks her up from preschool 1 or 2 times a month, but that's about it. So they'll enjoy being able to fold it up for easier storage.

scatterbunny

Play with the folding feature first so you can explain it to them; at first, it will seem like you're breaking the seat when you unfold it. :p It's normal, and it won't really break it. Also, remind them that if they keep it folded for storage, not only do they need to unfold it for use, but they need to raise the headrest up to fit your dd. Once, when dh used our Compass booster for dd without me around, he unfolded it and plopped her in it and buckled her up, without bothering to raise the headrest. :rolleyes: So, the shoulderbelt was way too low. I'm surprised dd didn't yell at him, but because of how wide the headwings are spaced, it probably wasn't uncomfortable for her (though definitely not safe).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC