the new compass 540

ADS

scatterbunny

Hmm, it does appear to look the same as the B510/B530, but the description says the belt guides are taller, and I searched our Carseatblog for news of the B540 and found this picture. That looks like 20-21 to me, and I remember my B510 being 19-20.

Maedze

What I like with the B530 is that the back stays solid even if the seat is raised the whole way. I have never been ablet to try one in my car, but i'm afraid it wouldn't be a good fit for my little big boy. I think the belt might ride up on his tummy :twocents:

scatterbunny

We had the B510 (dd's probably right at the max height for it now), and it was essentially the same as the B530; back stays fully padded all the way up, no gaps or "ET" look like so many others. However, I know what you mean about the lapbelt fit on smaller kids.

I LOVE THE CAMO COLOR!!! HUm........ If the belt guides are that tall...I so wanna Kick my turbo boosters to the curb eventually(probally give them to my one daycare girl who is in a nbb.

mamaofthree

I wish I could see one IRL! I'm needing a spare booster for dd. She's 7 and in the GN in our van, but my mom has been picking her up from school a lot and I'd like to have a booster to keep in her van. Is this not good for skinny kids though? DD is really skinny, but not short for her age. I need to measure her again.

Kimberly

The camo is what we had for our B510; it really was awesome. :D

It was when I saw you post the Camo I fell in love with it! LOL!

I actually told michael when we got him a booster it would be the camo one(that is what he was wanting).
I am so afraid of getting it though, because Logan(my almost 4 year old) would FLIP and want one for himself(he already begs for a booster daily). I THINK NOT, I tell him! ;-) I hate it that michael is in one and he is 6 years, 50 pounds, 49 inches!
The sad thing is logan would sit perfect in it, but there is no way in HECK he is getting one in a long time.

Scotch

Could someone tell me roughly how many pounds does the B510, B530 or B540 weigh? I'm thinking this may solve our travel dilemma for our big May trip (which will include a cruise). DS1 (will be 5 then; currently around 43 or 44 lbs) uses a Regent at home. We usually use our Radian for his travel car seat, but we plan to use the Radian for DS2 (who will be 23 months) for that trip instead of bringing the Roundabout (because the slimmer profile is easier for deal with). I hate the idea of giving up a 5 point harness, and considered the travel vest that folks have mentioned here, but that vest makes me way too nervous. I just can't believe the vest would be safer than the Compass (or Graco Turbobooster) with the regular car seatbelt, but maybe that is just a mental thing. I can't imagine not having something surrounding his head and sides in some way! But if the 5 pt harness travel vest is truly "just as safe" as one of these portable highback booster seats, please let me know as then I'll reconsider.

Edited to add: oops, I just noticed this thread is in the Chat forum. Please let me know if I should repost my questions in the main car seat forum. Sorry about going off topic!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Holy cow! I already have 8 boosters and have to have the Monterey. Where does it end???

Oh, giraffe? DH looooooves giraffes!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC