I got to install a Tote N Go today!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
And I got it in with less than 1" of movement. There was a field trip for some of the kids at Piper's school, so I was asked to hang out and help with carseats. One expired Cosco combo, two kids too small for their Graco no backs (nevermind they're FOUR, if that, they were only 38 pounds fully clothed with shoes), and then the Tote N Go. The mom who was installing it was doing a decent job, and she was trying hard, but somehow she got the lap portion over the shoulder, so it wasn't tightening. And the way the thing is designed, how in the world are you supposed to kept the belt flat?? Plus then we had to twist her buckle down three times to get it even tighter. In the end we got it in with less than 1" of movement. Though then she had to spend a couple of minutes tightening the crotch strap. What a PITA that thing is. I don't know how old the kid is who was using it, but man, just send in a harnessed seat if you're so concerned about a harness! The Tote N Go would be nearly impossible to use properly. And the poor mom driving him has her five and four year olds in Marathons yet and doesn't want to move them at all to boosters any time soon, and she has to deal with this flimsy piece of nothing.

Anyway, it was the first time I'd gotten to play with one in a car, so I was excited, and thrilled that we got it in tightly. Though even tightly that fell for me in the category of, "Better than nothing, I think." I could see the harness being such a pain to tighten and get fitted properly that a booster would be a safer option, even for a younger child.

Wendy

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Yeah, they are terrible. I bought one when my daughter was 2 to keep in my husband's car for emergencies, but as soon as I got my hands on it I decided against it. I was able to install it well, but I couldn't imagine my carseat challenged H being able to install or adjust it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC