Stroller suggestions please

Pixels

We have a Graco stroller. I think it's a Quattro Tour. Anyway, it takes up a huge chunk of trunk space and the only other place we have to store it is in our kitchen, and it's not exactly small there either. I've convinced DH that a more compact stroller would be nice, but neither one of us wants to spend a lot of money on another stroller when we already have one that works ok for us.

Let's see how many questions I can answer before you ask them ... DD is 7 months, a little peanut (15th percentile weight, 10th length). Budget is probably $50 range, not more than $75. Primary use would be city sidewalks, occasionally off-road, and mall/shopping use.

Features: Definitely has to have a canopy, one that can rotate to any position would be nice. DH is 5'8" but still manages to kick the wheels on most every stroller (he does ok with our current one), so either a tall handle or one that's at least adjustable. Easy to steer one-handed, as sometimes one of us will have both stroller and dog (with leash).

Thanks for your input! :love:

ADS

lovinwaves

The Quinny Zapp would fit pretty much everything you want, but you would have to find a used older one. Possibly a 3 -wheel version.

It is going to fold extremely small (2ft x 1ft, iirc). Definitely the ONLY stroller I have pushed that I can truely push one handed. I'm talking, extremely easy.

Large seat, so it would last you awhile.

Does great offroad

NO WAY you can kick it. The wheels are spread apart, and there is nothing in the middle to kick.

Downsides...

No recline

Can be a bit difficult to fold, but once you get the hang of it it's not a big deal. So basically there is a learning curve on the fold.

Non adjustable handles, which are set low, so if you are tall you may not like this.

Canopys sucks, but you can buy a perisole for it

No basket on the 3-wheel version, although you can buy an aftermarket one on ebay. There IS however a basket that comes standard on the 4-wheel versions.

Can be tippy, especially if you have a diaper bag on it.

The new 4 wheel version has a "clackety clack" noise when you push it. The 3 wheel does not.

Hmm..not sure if you could find one for $75, but an older version of the Baby Jogger City Series would work too. Lightweight jogger, with front swivel wheels, decent basket, AWESOME sunshade, super easy small fold

Otherwise, just a good ole umbrella stroller would work, like a Maclaren. You can probably pick up one of those on your local Craigslist.

Pixels

I saw the Evenflo X Sport Plus on Amazon. It looked pretty good and got good reviews. Anyone have experience with this stroller? Does anyone have one that they can measure folded length for me?

lovinwaves

I saw the Evenflo X Sport Plus on Amazon. It looked pretty good and got good reviews. Anyone have experience with this stroller? Does anyone have one that they can measure folded length for me?

Some things I have seen mentioned about this stroller:

No recline
no 5-point harness
Adjustable Handles
Carry bag
Parent Caddy
adjustable sunshade

ETA: I would rather find a used Maclaren, than a new Evenflo :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC