Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New MA girly cover

As much as I LOVE carseats, I was surprised to see a new Marathon cover that I haven't heard anyone talking about, available at Target no less! Here it is: BROOKE

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    Too bad the description is wrong, it says "Rear facing for infants 5-33 lbs. forward facing for toddlers 20-40 lbs." If this is an MA, it should say until 65 lbs. I do like the vibrancy of this cover, though. I'm usually not too big on overly-girly stuff, but every once in awhile, something strikes me! Hmm...that must explain why I bought a pink Motorola RAZR cellphone! LOL

Colleen

Ooooh very pretty! - Musn't let my DD see that one!

Carseat Crazy
    I just wrote a review that includes the correct weight limits. It won't be posted for a few days, though. I can't find a button to contact them.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar
    Wow. I haven't seen this one yet!! Cool!

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar
    Hey, are the straps and hugs on that seat pink too? Couldn't tell if they were or if it was my computer. I might have to get one of those. I looked at the Britax website and they don't show it. What is up with that?
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

No, it looks to me like they're tan.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Technician
    Hugs are Tan, Straps are PINK...and the review with the correct FF weight is up!

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech

Carseat Crazy
    Yay! I'm still going to look for a contact us button.

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny03
    Yay! I'm still going to look for a contact us button.
    Here's Target's 800 number to speak to a customer service rep: 1-800-591-3869. They have it buried WAY down on their website, but I found it a couple of years ago after my first son died and I wanted to delete my Target baby registry. I wasn't able to do so online, so I had to hunt down a phone number to contact them directly.

Colleen

The straps are PINK really? That is so cool. I thought they looked tan. I HAVE to have one of these and a tribecca dc LOL (those are my new fav. covers LOL)

Lara

I'm pretty certain the straps are not pink. They look like the same straps that are with the AF MA.
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

Ok I thought they were tan. I wonder if its just the cover that makes them look pink. like how the light reflects off of it or something. Although pink straps would be cool. I still love it anyway even without pink straps LOL.

Lara

I like it even better than Ashley Floral, but not as much as Olivia, I think.
    - Denis Waitley

Oh my gosh, that's ADORABLE!!!

I say the straps look tan as well. The HUGS pads are clearly tan, and I don't see Britax shelling out the big bucks to IMMI for a custom harness for a single model of a seat. I don't think pink webbing is a very common item...

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar
    I saw a Brooke display model in person at Target today and it sure it cute. They had none in stock though, only the display model. In fact no Marathons were in stock at all, no clearanced ones with the green covers and no sign of any Roundabouts either, just the display models for Brooke and the other new Graystone MA.

The Brooke's straps are tan, not pink. Same for the HUGS. They do have a pinkish look to them in the online photo but it must be the bright pink of the cover reflected on the tan straps, LOL. The cover is soft plush all over. I'm usually not into the girly covers but this one is really adorable.

Target also had the new Graco ComfortSport with the blue denim and floral cover. The floral part is cottony, kind of like the MA Freedom cover. The denim felt pretty smooth and soft, but the overall effect was pretty garish IMO.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

I am so bummed our local Targets don't carry MA's only RA's.

CPS Technician
    I showed this to DH the other night for Ilana. He acted like I couldn't get it b/c it was too expensive, but we all know I rule the carseats! lol IT's not like I'm getting it anytime soon, I have a Safeseat already (though it's blue and that makes me sad).
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar
    By the time Ilana needs a convertible carseat, there could be discounted Brooke MAs available to help appease your DH, lol.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

That's adorable!

I forgot and left that page up just now when I got up from the computer, and my 4 Y/O started freaking out about it. "MOMMY, A PINK SEAT! I WANT THAT PINK SEAT FOR THE JEEP!!!"
    lol