need stroller advice for Disney

Melanie

This spring we are going to Disneyland with a 4 year old, 2 year old, 2 14 year olds and 2 adults. We are driving there, but willl most likely take a shuttle/tram bus from the hotel to Disney. We will be going to the hotel for naptime each day.

Please help me think through the stroller situation. I'm full of questions.

I currently have:

-Graco quattro double - heavy, a beast to steer when fully loaded, but tons of room for both kids and all our stuff

-original Joovy sit & stand - I haven't used it in a while, but I'm not crazy about it. Front seat isn't that comfey. Still kind of big & doesn't steer great

-Chico C-5 single - this is my everyday stroller. I like the size, the recline, steers great. cons-only 1 child can ride & basket is small

-double jogger w/fixed front wheel. decent amount of storage, but steering could be annoying & it's big

-might be able to borrow: Graco single - not the quattro, but the one that comes in the travel systems.

I also frequently use an Ergo for my youngest. Just not sure that my back will hold out for 3 days of it.

What do you recommend from these options, or is there something I could buy that would be more useful.

Double or single?

What about the Silver Cross on Snoops? Would it be noticeably better than the Chico C-5?

Would I need to be concerned about a stroller being stolen?

Thank you if you've made it this far...any advice is soooo appreciated.

ADS

sparkyd

I can't help you with the advice since I haven't had an adventure like that myself yet, but I can share that apparently people bring all kinds of swanky strollers to Disney and leave then unattended while on rides. A friend of mine was at Disney World in Florida in February of this year and when I expressed surprise that she would leave her Peg Perego Pliko P3 (which in my world is an expensive stroller) unattended she said she wasn't worried about it because of all of the other way more expensive strollers that were there.

Personally, since you've got so many people that can push a stroller with you, I'd think it would be most practical to have two simple umbrella strollers than a double anything, but like I said, no actual experience to back that up.

Melanie

Thanks sparkyd. Good to know that the expensive strollers get left unattended too. I hadn't even considered 2 strollers. They'd be much easier to maneuver. I wonder if I could bungee a cheapo umbrella to my C-5????

Keep the ideas coming....

Auntie2six

I've never been to disney myself but my sister has. She has a c-5 too and also loves it. My nephew is 26 months old and when she went he was about, let me say, 1 maybe. She found the c-5 very easy to manage while she was there. She didn't have 2 kids though. I think you would be fine with the c-5. Most of the time one will probably want to be out and walking and the other will want to rest. Is buying another stroller an option for you? Because Chicco makes a double version of your c-5. :twocents:

Melanie

Most of the time one will probably want to be out and walking and the other will want to rest. was there. S Is buying another stroller an option for you? Because Chicco makes a double version of your c-5. :twocents:

I have been wondering if I even need a double. I don't know how much they'd both want to ride-DD (then 4) walks more than she rides now as it is. The double convenience would be handy, but the maneuverability of a single is appealing too.

If it would make life more manageable, I'm open to buying another stroller. I have several I could sell to fund a new one.

eta: ok, another question. If I had a side by side, like a C5 for example, would the weight difference make it difficult to steer. The only side by side I've used is a jogger. They are currently 24 & 36 lbs.

Qarin

By the end of each day, I suspect both kids will want to be riding, and you'll want them to so they are not lost in exiting crowds.

We've only done single-day trips to Disneyland, myself with my parents and my kids, and stopped bringing a stroller at all last year... BUT, we bring a transport wheelchair- it fits both kids, if we must, or an adult can sit down to wait or watch a show, and it's worked for us really well. Before that, I brought an umbrella style side-by-side double sometimes, and two separate strollers other times- for us, the two strollers worked somewhat better, I think, so we could sometimes go separate ways, but it got tiresome at times, not being able to have one adult take both kids in their strollers. I never had a problem with different weights on either side of the side-by-side.

(My kids are 7 and 4 now, and we've been going several times per year with both of them since the youngest was about 18 months old).

Personally I would just rent a double when you get there.

Especially with the kids ages.

The seats don't look major comfy for lie down sleeps, but will do the trick to just rest. Or a rolled up blanket could be used if needed.
They are so easy to push and can hold a fair bit of other stuff.

We have previously taken a mountain buggy double the last two times we went, but kids at the time where 12 weeks and 20 months and then 16 months and 34 months -
but when we go in April, they will be 25 months and 43months - we are deffo renting.
We will prob take a small umbrella buggy, but not actually take that with us - although it would prob perch on top of the hood if really lightweight.

mykidsmylife

I would take the Joovey. We just went in June and ended up having to rent strollers. I was wishing I had my Sit-n-stand.

You leave the strollers, but no one messes with them. I saw some super expensive stroller that no one touched..

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We bought a double Maclaren for our trip to Disney and hated it. Most of the time we were pushing an empty stroller (which was still handy for carrying everyone's bags) but it was still inconvenient finding a place to park it. Next time we'll take 2 cheapy umbrella strollers.

PEIMommyof2

Question re baby jogger city mini double stroller.......

Does anyone know if the stroller can be folded with a few things in the basket and the back pouches or will everything fall out everywhere?

Also does anyone know how tall a child is to be too big for the stroller? I heard the max weight is 50lbs per seat but I want to be sure DD is not too tall.

Thanks

lovinwaves

Question re baby jogger city mini double stroller.......

Does anyone know if the stroller can be folded with a few things in the basket and the back pouches or will everything fall out everywhere?

Also does anyone know how tall a child is to be too big for the stroller? I heard the max weight is 50lbs per seat but I want to be sure DD is not too tall.

Thanks

I answered your height question via pm, but regarding folding the stroller with items still in the basket I don't know. The stroller folds within itself. Maybe a jacket, or blanket would be fine.

I will say though that I can fold it with a diaper bag attached to it using stroller clips just fine. PITA, but it will work for 'in the pinch' situations.

Niea

We bought a double Maclaren for our trip to Disney and hated it. Most of the time we were pushing an empty stroller (which was still handy for carrying everyone's bags) but it was still inconvenient finding a place to park it. Next time we'll take 2 cheapy umbrella strollers.

What did you hate about it? We're going to DL next week and are going to take our Mac Twin Techno. DS (8 mos) hates to be worn and DD (3.5) always rides in strollers. . even in Target she insists on riding in a stroller. Anything else you didn't like aside from the fact you were pushing it empty?

As an aside, when we went to DW last year and the year before, we took our Volo and it was awesome there! I may have considered two Volos but I'd never take a cheapie stroller to the parks. They are so terrible that I'd rather do without any stroller at all than have one of those.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC