True Fit adjuster in the cold

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We're in a cold snap here and I had to take the kids to a birthday party this afternoon. A bit of history from other seats... the MA was very difficult to tighten in the cold, and the radian was almost impossible to get the last bit of slack out - so hard we didn't adjust the harness on the radian unless we had to, and I spent 5mins tightening it the one time we had to...

Anyways, temp here is -22 fahrenheit right now, and the harness on the TF adjusts just as easily at this temperature as it does when it's warm. :D

Just had to share my excitement at it passing the "cold test." :cool:

ADS

horseymom

it is cold here! -45C wind chill BRRR! I'll have to try out my TF today, so I hope it's like yours. and I'll try out our new Frontier too!

PixieEMT

I was wondering why I was having a hard time tightening my Blvd last night (18degrees).
I thought "Gee I don't remember it being this hard to tighten?!"

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow. I will stop complaining about it being cold here. It is BALMY compared to what you guys are experiencing!

PixieEMT

it is cold here! -45C wind chill BRRR! I'll have to try out my TF today, so I hope it's like yours. and I'll try out our new Frontier too!

I totally missed the - in front of the temps! Holy cow I guess 18 degrees in PA isn't that bad after all! :whistle:

NannyMom

I was just starting to wonder about cold affecting harness tightening! I had problems with my scenera for my friend's DD. Then yesterday my mom took DD and her Scenera was a pain too!

time to buy TFs :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

So did you guys go out today? How'd you find your adjusters? Wind chill has been nasty here too but I don't think it's gotten quite as bad as yours. I know it's -35 right now with wind chill.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
My Radian's been working fantastic all week... the Frontier worked great the one time DS2 was in it this weekend. We've been using the car all week because dh threw out his back and can't handle the six speed in the stop and go traffic (so he stole my spacious automatic van all week). We adjust every time with both seats in the very cold weather.

Temps have been about the same as yours Trudy... bitterly cold! :D Yesterday was -26C, with the windchill we were -38. Today is supposed to be the same. :(

Can I just say that I would like my Calgary weather back... I feel like I'm living in Saskatchewan again. :(

shauburg

Re: True Fit adjuster in the cold

Since my TF is still RF (for at least one more day anyway - DS is getting weighed tomorrow), I won't chime in on how I'm finding it in the cold since it does not even adjust well in +30°C!!!

Our FF Radian is a bit tough to adjust, but I'm not sure if it's the cold or just that it does not adjust as well FF as it did RF? I don't remember having any problems adjusting it RF last winter.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Re: True Fit adjuster in the cold

Here today it's -25°C/-13°F and with windchill -36°C/-32°F. Yesterday we were at -46°C with the windchill, ugh. Our True Fit is adjusting the same as it always does.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC