Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Seat cover for ERF??

Can I put a seat cover (the ones you put on the back of the front seats) on the captains chair to keep DD's dirty shoes off the fabric?? I would think as long as it doesn't go under the seat it will be ok?? I wonder if it will fit??

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Seat cover for ERF??

Yes you can. It just has to be thin, and not interfere with the installed seat. The best way to make sure it doesn't interfere is to add it AFTER the seat's been installed. An old sheet or thin towel work just as well.
    Baby Hoagie V1.0 coming 9.13.13

CPS Technician

Aniother idea my friend uses is an aapron. It is thin enough that it can go between the carseat ans seat and wont be dangerous.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

Carseat Crazy

We have the same seats as the one in your pic, isn't it gorgeous??

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myboysmylife View Post
    Aniother idea my friend uses is an aapron. It is thin enough that it can go between the carseat ans seat and wont be dangerous.
    That's a good idea! I used an XL Wallace and Gromit t-shirt when my dd was rf. She loved looking at the characters.

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by murphydog77 View Post
    That's a good idea! I used an XL Wallace and Gromit t-shirt when my dd was rf. She loved looking at the characters.
    I forgot about the t-shirt thing... hmm...... I may use that one also. Dh has some Spongebob shirts he never wears. LOL.

So far we havent had to worry as Seth just takes his shoes off anyways. Id rather take them off before putting him in so I know right where they are!!!

I did order Robeez for him to wear from van-car-store on quick trips.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

Make sure to check your manual if you have side impact airbags in the seat - mine says not to use seat covers in that case.
    CPST & Stay at home Cake-decorating/Scrapbooking/Photo Mom to
    Kyrie-10 in Harmony NBB & 5 stepping
    Trey-7 in Monterrey/parkway HBB
    Carter 12/2012 RF in Foonf & Rhett 10/2014 in ClickConnect 40