evenflo symphony

U

Unregistered

Has anybody seen, or have the symphony from evenflo?
I saw it the other day, and it is exactely like the boulavard but $$ much less, and looks more comfy, any input????

DD 20mo 22lbs 31" a peanut!

ADS

PixieEMT

It only has a 40lb harness limit.

Have you looked at the Evenflo Triumph Advanced or True Fit by Learning Curve?
They have 65lb harness limits.

I would suggest looking at seats with 65lb and 80lb limit harnesses.:twocents:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I also really liked it. It has the easiest LATCH install ever. I like the adjustable harness, and my test kiddos said it was comfortable. I'm not planning to buy one for my car for the next kiddo, I'll use the Radian 80 I already have most likely, but if I needed a seat that I could be sure a sitter or a grandparent could install reliably, it's what I would get.

Since I harness my kids to 80# anyway, the 40# limit doesn't bother me. I know I'm switching to a Regent in the main cars eventually, and my kids don't hit 40# until around 4.5 years. Since I do start booster training for short trips around 4-5 years old, I would use the Symphony as a back up booster and still get my money's worth out of it. Unlike Cosco/Dorel 3 in 1s, the Symphony makes a decent booster.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'll be the odd man out. I didn't like it. It felt flimsier than the Triumph Advance, has lower slots and a lower weight limit, and I thought the LATCH was a pain to get tight enough. The mom and I were bouncing on the seat for about two or three minutes to get the last couple of clicks out. Plus with the way the seat is shaped for the three different modes it stuck a good two inches off of the front of her car's seat, and she drove an Accord, so it wasn't a shallow backseat. It just seemed large, bulky, flimsy, and more difficult than it should have.

I'd look at the True Fit, the EFTA, and then the Marathon and Boulevard, personally.

Wendy

skylinphoto

I played with it in the store and I hated it. Like the pper, I thought it was too big and bulky and flimsy feeling.
Plus, it only goes to 40lbs..and the harness height isn't that great from what I saw.

I'd go with a truefit or an Evenflo Triumph Advance. Truefit being my first choice.

Kat_Momof3

I didn't like it, either.

it does do all 3 jobs well, but I just expected more.

The base is much easier to get off than on the AO/AOE, but it's required for rf and ff, making the seat quite bulky.

I just really love the EFTA, but I hate this seat... though there are times I could see recommending it... because of the serious padding... for a super skinny baby/toddler in need of the extra support.

G8r4evr

The Symphony is near the bottom of my short list, but I still havent ruled it out. The harness limit doesnt bother me, because I will be looking to buy a new seat in a year or so anyways. But last time I saw the seat in BRU, I thought it was adorable with the infant padding in, but once that comes out, it looked rather plain and not very comfy. Was I imagining things?

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The Symphony is near the bottom of my short list, but I still havent ruled it out. The harness limit doesnt bother me, because I will be looking to buy a new seat in a year or so anyways. But last time I saw the seat in BRU, I thought it was adorable with the infant padding in, but once that comes out, it looked rather plain and not very comfy. Was I imagining things?

My 13 month old still needs the insert. I suspect she'll use it until she's at least 2 years old. My older kids said the seat was plenty comfy (they're used to Britax seats). Looks are subjective, but padding-wise, I don't think it's a bad seat.

I'm also a bit baffled by some of the comments about it not seeming sturdy. I had the opposite opinion.

Personally, I'd go with a Triumph Advance, a True Fit, a Radian, or one of the Britax HWH seats for most situations. However, I do like the Symphony, and I think it's a good choice for some situations. The price seems reasonable for the features it offers, and the quality of the seat itself seems pretty decent as well.

Kat_Momof3

you're right... on the girl one, once you remove the head and body pads, it's solid black... which is why Jeffrey was willing to try it out as a booster (I couldn't get the base off the more boyish one, but the daisy one's base came off bing-bang-boom)

mas

I am in the car seat search mode and this is my first child, so I am a bit clueless. I have a large baby who is only 7 months, but already 30 in and 22#, and I currently drive a Toyota Avalon (4 door sedan). We have a Triumph Advance in my husband's truck and love it, but have been looking at the Symphony since the Triumph does not allow me good access to getting the baby in and out of my car and the knob to tighten the harness is impossible to access rear facing. I see lots of comments here and in the corresponding threads about the low harness weight limit. Since the belt positioning booster goes up to 100#, I am wondering why is it a problem for the ff integrated harness to only go up to 40#?

Thanks for you help!

diaperjoys

I see lots of comments here and in the corresponding threads about the low harness weight limit. Since the belt positioning booster goes up to 100#, I am wondering why is it a problem for the ff integrated harness to only go up to 40#?

Thanks for you help!

I think it's because there are lots of people here who like to keep their kids harnessed well past 40#. My oldest is 40 lbs. (5yo) But we want him to stay harnessed a couple more years before moving to a belt positioning booster. So for him, the Symphony wouldn't accomplish this. Does that help?

christineka

For a small child as the op's I think the seat would be fine. My dd is was about the same size at that age. She's now 4, weighs 29 pounds, and is 35 inches tall. She won't be 40 pounds till age 6.5 most likely, which would be a fine age to move to a booster. I still think it is an overpriced seat. Instead you can buy the safety first avenue ($80) and follow it up with a recaro vivo booster ($100), spend less money, and have the two seats combined last longer as far as life spans go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC