Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Heather

Seating Suggestions

Here is my problem. Many weekends we travel to either grandparents house for a weekend visit. I usually ride in the back with the two girls while my husband drives. This usually helps to keep them occupied and less fussy. The problem is none of the seatbelts fit me right. I may barely pass the five step test. (questionable) I have tried all the seating positions and none of them seem any better than the others. Is there anything I can do?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar
    Do you fit well in the front seat? How about in the driver's seat?

If you fit well in the driver's seat, could you drive and let your husband sit with the children?

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    I notice when I sit in the back with my DS in the center, the seatbelt does not hit me right. I think it is because I am pushed over to the door. There is just not enough room in the backseat for an adult outboard with a seat center in most cars. SO, I usually spend a lot of time moving the seatbelt away from my neck. It is fixed by me sitting up front, since I can sit correctly in the passenger seat. I just hand things back to DS when he needs them. See if you fit in the seatbelts in the back without a seat pushing you out of position. If that is what's happening, it won't be any safer for your DH to sit there either, while you drive. You just might have to leave the kids in the back and ride up front with your DH.