Pics of RF kids in TF, please!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've got some of mine here (she was sleeping when the photos were taken). At time of pic, she was almost 25 months, 34" tall and 26-27 pounds. She's slightly older, taller and heavier now and still RF in the True Fit. :)

jess71903

Ambassador
Mine is in my siggy. I think he was 13 months there. He's almost 16 months now- 31", 26 1/2lbs. I will take some new ones and post them when my laptop gets fixed.

jubgulia

Here's DS1 asleep in the TF. He was barely 27 mo. And, yes, on the 3rd slots (he was right at the 3rd, but on the 2nd slots, the straps would slip off his shoulders).

2763271038_6a93929095.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Here's a few different views of dd. She was a couple weeks shy of 4yrs old, 34lbs, and 42.5" tall. We also ended up using position 3 and she was just barely even with it. In the bottom picture the straps were in position 2 and the seat installed at 45*. I moved the straps up and reinstalled the seat more upright once we got to the first place we were going.

(Sorry to include so many, but for those looking at leg room I thought seeing the different positions might be useful to see. :thumbsup: )

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

Tyler'sMom1117

Here's a few different views of dd. She was a couple weeks shy of 4yrs old, 34lbs, and 42.5" tall. We also ended up using position 3 and she was just barely even with it. In the bottom picture the straps were in position 2 and the seat installed at 45*. I moved the straps up and reinstalled the seat more upright once we got to the first place we were going.

(Sorry to include so many, but for those looking at leg room I thought seeing the different positions might be useful to see. :thumbsup: )

Your dd always looks so comfy in that seat. I think your pictures convince a lot of people that rf works for older kids.

hboo22

My (almost) 3 year old is ERF in her TF, I will try to get some pics tomorrow. It has lots of leg room RFing. I had put it in FFing since she is almost 3 and it barely fits RFing in my short wheel base Caravan. But today she said she wanted to sit "flipped around" so I tried it RF. So that is how it is for now. . . . . we have only had it for about a week and a half. And can I put a seat back cover (like the ones that go on the back of the front seats) on the back of her captains chair to keep her dirty shoes off it??

mykidsmylife

hboo22

I am waiting on your pics. LOL. I was just wondering if someone had some in a caravan. I drive one and Seths legs are literally almost over the seat when he stretches them out. 3.5 will be pushing it for rf in the van.

I wanna see how much mroe room the true fit buys his legs. It is getting hard to get him in their good....

hboo22

Well, Jaylee was in a Scenera and I had turned her cause it was such a PITA to get her in. She has LOTS more leg room in the TF though. I think I have a pic of her RF in her Scenera from not long ago. I will post both tomorrow after I take a pic of her in the TF. The TF touches the seat in front of it (I am 6ft tall thought) but it doesn't push on it. It also helps that it sits down on the seat (no base).

Hillary
Laila-(almost)4 FFing in TF
Jaylee-(almost 3) RFing in TF

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Your dd always looks so comfy in that seat. I think your pictures convince a lot of people that rf works for older kids.

Thanks. :) She really is comfy in the seat. When I told her I would be putting the seat back ff'ing she says to me "ok, I guess I can try that." Funny kid. :D

And can I put a seat back cover (like the ones that go on the back of the front seats) on the back of her captains chair to keep her dirty shoes off it??

Yep, that's no problem at all. Some people just use a pillow case or a towel on the seat back. An old pillow case might be a good idea - I found the plastic of the seat protector made it harder to get my finger in to access the harness adjuster because my fingers stuck when it was hot out. :eek:

Blondie87

And can I put a seat back cover (like the ones that go on the back of the front seats) on the back of her captains chair to keep her dirty shoes off it??

I did this and it would have worked out great, but my 16 month old would shove it up and out from behind the carseat with his feet.

I will try to take a pic of J tomorrow in our TF. My seats are reclined a couple clicks though, so with the Blvd he was in being higher and the TF being so low but with a deeper seat, he has pretty much the same amount of leg room. If you get what I'm saying. I'll take a couple pics though. He does look SOOOO tiny in it though! Smaller then in his Blvd. His head barely touches the top headrest.

hboo22

Ok, here is Jaylee RFing from today in her TF, she will be 3 in January and is 30 lbs
164105.jpg

164050.jpg

I cannot find the one of her in her Scenera, I must have deleted it. Is my angle ok on her seat?? I cannot recline it anymore, or it won't fit. It seems pretty reclined....

Blondie87

Here is my J RF at 16 months, 32 inches, and 27 lbs. He has about a 12 in torso. He is BARELY touching the headrest. His hat makes him a lil taller.. :)

IMG_0864.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC