Differance between Scenera and Scenera Deluxe

U

Unregistered

Is there one? Is the deluxe any more padded? A store in town has the regular one on sale for 39.99 and the deluxe for 49.99.

Is the deluxe really worth the extra $10?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Watch out for a Scenera with an overhead shield because it may be labeled as a Scenera DX/Deluxe. The 5-point harness version of the Scenera is the one to get because it's much much safer than the overhead shield.

Just wanted to warn the OP because I've seen the Scenera with overhead shields labeled as the Scenera DX, implying it's a deluxe model, and it's typcially priced higher than the 5-point harness Scenera, so it can be misleading.

HTH.

tjham

Yes, the Scenera Deluxe with 5 pt. harness is at TRU (may be an exclusive). It's black and red/black plaid. It is $20 more. It's actually nicer looking in person than in pictures. It has the infant headrest and *maybe* a little more padding, but probably not worth $20 more.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401342&cp

The "Deluxe" at Walmart and KMart is the overhead shield, which is NOT good at any price!

U

Unregistered

Yep, the deluxe on one sale is the 5pt. I haven't gotten out yet to take a look at it, but from the pictures it doesn't look much more "deluxe" than the regular one. I think I'll save myself $10 and go with the regular one. :) At $39 I just may scoop up 2 of them.

U

Unregistered

I just noticed on the BRU site that the Deluxe is listed as rf only to 30lbs. Is that a misprint? I thought one of the best points for the Scenera was that is rf to 35lbs?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC