Vivo vs. Parkway Pics

Yoshi

Here are some pictures for comparison. Model is 5.5 yrs and 44 lbs 44 inches tall. Apparently the Vivo doesn't adjust as high as the PW. Last picture shows how it fits nicely in the center of my Camry- the PW was too tippy there- I like the base of the Vivo much better. DD likes it and we tried it out this morning- then school was cancelled for sleet. The belt sits nicely on her hips, and across the shoulder. Sorry, no pics of her in the car yet. In case anyone wants to know- I got my Vivos at Albee for $69.99 each.
100_3672.jpg

100_3671.jpg

100_3664.jpg

100_3665.jpg

100_3668.jpg

100_3669.jpg

100_3676.jpg

ADS

scatterbunny

I :love: the Vivo more and more as time goes on. :p

Can you get pics of your dd in each one adjusted to the highest setting? I know the PW appears taller when they are sitting side-by-side with no child in them, but the Vivo seems to give more torso room from seating area to shoulderbelt guide, when I've seen photos of other kids in them. :confused:

Yoshi

I :love: the Vivo more and more as time goes on. :p

Can you get pics of your dd in each one adjusted to the highest setting? I know the PW appears taller when they are sitting side-by-side with no child in them, but the Vivo seems to give more torso room from seating area to shoulderbelt guide, when I've seen photos of other kids in them. :confused:
It's really nice- and I feel comfortable having DD in it because it is so surrounding, for lack of a better word. We tried the Monterey once, and the shoulder belt was on her throat- this one has a nicer fit.
Unfortunately, Scatterbunny, I put the Parkway back up on a high shelf in the garage- so no more pics anytime today:rolleyes: I do know what you mean about the varying heights of each. When DD is in the PW, it actually is adjusted higher than a comparable fit in the Vivo- all else being equal (ie: shoulder belt guides in same place). That's for another day, though.

arly1983

I am with you two (well, at least as far as looks go, I haven't tried it as a booster :rolleyes:) The Vivo is growing on me.

I was putting off my booster training plan but then J had a growth spurt and is now just a smidge below 3rd slots on regent (without recline bar :( ) He fits the parkway like Yoshi's DD a couple of months ago. Stats are 45 lbs and 43.5 inches and will be 4 in 1 month. STOP GROWING!

Is that the Vivo? I have found the Vivo and Vivo lite for the same price and was trying to decide which to get.

Yoshi

I am with you two (well, at least as far as looks go, I haven't tried it as a booster :rolleyes:) The Vivo is growing on me.

I was putting off my booster training plan but then J had a growth spurt and is now just a smidge below 3rd slots on regent (without recline bar :( ) He fits the parkway like Yoshi's DD a couple of months ago. Stats are 45 lbs and 43.5 inches and will be 4 in 1 month. STOP GROWING!

Is that the Vivo? I have found the Vivo and Vivo lite for the same price and was trying to decide which to get.
Yes, it is the Vivo. The Vivo lite may be a better fabric for the South, IDK... The fabric of the Regular Vivo is like the Como and Signo. You are familiar with them, no?;):)

NannyMom

Thanks for the pics. I have both and have never actually compared the 2 side by side. We all like the Vivo better, but may be using the parkway for a 3 across soon. I like your parkway much better than my purple one! :)

Kat_Momof3

just knowing it doesn't tip in the center with a bit of a hump makes me want to score one at some point for Ruthie down the line.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I like ours. Need to use it more, lol. I have 7 boosters and watch 1 booster kid, lol.

scatterbunny

just knowing it doesn't tip in the center with a bit of a hump makes me want to score one at some point for Ruthie down the line.

That's exactly my line of thinking right now. :eek: Dh will kill me knowing I want yet another booster, BUT, none of our boosters work well in the center (they all tip) of my Focus. Actually, the Starriser Comfy does not tip like the Parkway and Bodyguard, but I haven't tried the Indy Plus there yet. I feel it's wasted in the center because I can't LATCH it there, so I haven't bothered to try it there yet. If the Vivo doesn't tip, it could be our perfect booster for that center spot, which is ideally where I'd like her to sit.

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Jenny, next time you come over, just borrow any boosters that you don't already have.

christineka

I was out moving car seats around and had my tape measure in my pocket. I pressed the cushion of the vivo down and measured to the belt guide all the way up. It is 21 inches. Without pressing the cushion it is more like 20 inches.

scatterbunny

Thanks, Judi! If I can make it over at Christmas, and you aren't too busy, maybe we can try the Vivo out in my car then.

I was out moving car seats around and had my tape measure in my pocket. I pressed the cushion of the vivo down and measured to the belt guide all the way up. It is 21 inches. Without pressing the cushion it is more like 20 inches.

I get 21 inches for the Parkway, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC