Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I Nuts?

CPS Technician

Am I Nuts?

Ok...I've been considering this for a while and I might have a chance soon to do it...so what do you think?

I'm thinking of getting an Apex. One of my husband's nephews is 3 and in a booster and has been since about 2 and a 1/2. I also have a 20 month old neice who is FF because she has seizures(not the grand mal kind, you have to see her to know she's having one). Plus we have older neices and nephews who could use it as either harnessed or booster. I WON'T allow the 3 1/2 yr old in my car in a booster alone. His parents are going away when we have our picnic and I want them to come. I'm even willing to go get them...but I need to get the seat first.

So would it be insane for me to buy an Apex for neices and nephews to use occassionally? I'm also planning to have daycare in a few years and it would get used there as well.

Thanks

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I would say no, you aren't nuts. I'm trying to convince my dh that we need to buy 2 more PWs for when my neice & nephew are at our house.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Technician
    I'm sure my DH will be trilled at the $129 plus tax that I'll spend on it at The Right Start.

At least DH already knows that I won't allow his nephew in my car without a harnessed seat. Nephew might kick and scream...but he aint going without it.

Susan
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.

They're $116 no tax or shipping from albee.

I have one in my car for a kid that we babysit for occasionally. He's in a WZ in his mom's car but they wanted to just put him in a booster in ours. Nope. So we got an Apex. Plus I wanted one anyway

Buy it. It's worth it.

CPS Technician
    Man---that's the color they have at the right start that I wanted. I like that combo more than the one at TRU.

So what do I tell DH about it then? It would be one or other to go and get them and he doesn't know nearly as much about seats as me...I wouldn't even offically install it until I knew where the harness would go for him...I'd guess the middle one..I think he would need 3rd one from the bottom on a MA. Plus DH would want me to install it because he knows how anal I am about it!

Susan