Had to turn DS FF today.

PixieEMT

I weighed DS today at my nana's house. Her scale is right b/c I checked my weight at work yesterday. Her scale was on the dot.
He had his fleece jacket on w/ full belly, he tipped the scale at 35 1/2 lbs. :(
He's turning 27 months next week.

I had the Blvd with us that I was switching to my nana's car for the next two days. I put the HUGS back on both Britax seats last week...thank goodness.

I know I did my best. :cool: But it still upsets me. :crying:

The BLVD is joke when it comes to torso height btw. He has maybe 1"-1.5" of torso growth left in that seat! :eek::mad:
Only good news is I get to look into a new seat! :evil grin:
Regent or Frontier. I'm leaning toward the Regent due to the fact he's already a big boy and I need the extra lbs and torso height. He's not a peanut kid. :whistle:

Here's the last picture of him RFing taken last week after play group.

m_230c88f759564f349efca3b687f67fb51.jpg

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
((Hugs)) It's a bittersweet moment indeed when our little ones max out ERFing.

livesinthecar

Hugs! Ds is at the limits of his RA rf, so we have to get a new seat too--I know the mix of :crying: and :thumbsup::love: about reaching this milestone vs. getting to shop for a new seat!

rodentranger

:hugs: I was having a such a hard time with having DS ff already at barely 2 yrs that I have weighed him at least 5 times in the last week. He was 31.5 lbs last Wednesday on a postage scale. Yesterday at my MW appointment, he was only 28...I turned his seat back rf in the parking lot! LOL.
It's hard to accept that they really are getting bigger. You just want to protect them as much as you can for as long as you can.
It's hard knowing that if DS is anything like his father, in 14-16 too short years, he's going to have the keys to his own car and I'm not going to be in it with him all the time. He's likely going to do stupid stuff like not wear a seatbelt, do backwards donuts, roll the car because he took a corner too fast and ride a motorcycle.

Kat_Momof3

he looks in that pic to have been nearing it... just looking at him dwarf the seat to where , before reading, I could have sworn it was a Roundabout with a shrunken MA cover and HUGS.

lol.

I vote for the Frontier... the top slots are a good height and it will make a super tall booster.

Oh, and let's throw the Nauti into consideration, too.

PixieEMT

he looks in that pic to have been nearing it... just looking at him dwarf the seat to where , before reading, I could have sworn it was a Roundabout with a shrunken MA cover and HUGS.

lol.

I vote for the Frontier... the top slots are a good height and it will make a super tall booster.

Oh, and let's throw the Nauti into consideration, too.

He was close to the RF height too. Basically he was even in height and weight maxing out the RF limits. Weird. :rolleyes:

I did order a Frontier last night from Target. We might need the extra pounds since he seems like a heavy duty boy. I used my Target e card code (from the MA price error) and a $25 one I had stashed away. I paid $246 for it. I thought about the Regent but the 9year life span and LATCHable booster hooked me. Plus , it looks more "grown up" so hopefully it will eliminate the "baby seat" fight when he gets older. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC