Our new (to us) Jane Indy Plus highback booster

scatterbunny

We acquired a Jane Indy Plus yesterday. :D I wanted to share some photos of H in it, along with a few comparisons of her in the Britax Parkway.

I love that it utilizes rigid LATCH, so it isn't tippy at all, and we don't have to worry about buckling it back in when it's not in use. I love that it adjusts tall enough for my tall girl. I love that the wings (both torso and head) are EPS foam, and are width-adjustable.

It could use better padding, and it could be deeper in the seat, but overall, those are minor issues considering all the positives. :)

In these pics, the IP is not on the highest setting, but the PW is (dd was not thrilled about taking pics, so I didn't get any of the PW on the right setting).

December92008030.jpg
December92008037.jpg

December92008032.jpg
December92008038.jpg

TALLEST setting on both the IP and PW (you can see that H is raising one shoulder in the IP photo, so she actually has a smidge more room there than what it shows):

December92008040.jpg
December92008035.jpg

ADS

MomToEliEm

Thanks for those pictures.

Which seat does your daughter prefer?

It actually looks like the Jane Indy might have less seat depth then the parkway. Is this true or might I just be looking at the picture wrong?

scatterbunny

Which seat does your daughter prefer?

I'm not sure yet. :p This morning was the first time she rode in the IP, for the 3-minute trip to school. I'll update with her opinion after she's used it a few times. She tends to either love or hate any new seat, just because it's new, and her true opinion doesn't come out until she's used it awhile.

It actually looks like the Jane Indy might have less seat depth then the parkway. Is this true or might I just be looking at the picture wrong?

Looking at the photos, I thought the same thing, so I just went outside and measured both. The IP measures 13 inches deep. The PW is harder to judge, because of how it slopes down at the knee. Overall, the PW is about 14 inches deep, but it starts to slope down at about the 10.5 inch mark. The sloping, rather than the overall depth, is always what bothered my dd when she was younger. Now that she's older, though, she never complains about lack of seat depth. Remembering our beloved Clek Olli, it was pretty short in the seat depth, too, but it was by far the most comfortable seat, according to dd. I think if the seating area is supportive, particularly at the knee/edge of the seat, the actual depth isn't quite so important. Our Olli, and our Recaro Start, sit the child's bottom a bit lower than the knees, and I think that goes a long way in making the seat comfy. The way the PW slopes down at the knee gives no real leg support to speak of.

mominabigtruck

Jenny, if you ever decide you want to get rid of the parkway let me know. Dallas just walked by the pc and saw that picture and was going on about that girl's cool seat;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
She definitely has a longer torso than my kid -- lots more room here with the Parkway extended all the way (but my kid's knees seem to be farther away from the edge) . . . the lack of padding was my only complaint about the Jane Indy Plus as well: glad to see the height comparison between the 2 :)

Someday I would love a comparison of it against the Monterey ;) The LATCH straps on the Monterey annoy the dickens out of me (which is why I didn't sell the Parkway & the Monterey stays in Grandma's car)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was hoping for more room. if I ever get mine installed, I will try Tyler out in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC