Canadian Techs and Future Techs...LATCH Manuals

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There's a LATCH manual thread going in the Tech forum, but I realize that a lot of Canadians are planning on becoming technicians and do not yet have access to this forum. If you do, and you're interested in obtaining the next version of the LATCH manual then please go and let this be known. If you are not yet a tech and would still like a copy of the LATCH manual when it comes out in the new year, you can let me know here.

Right now I'm trying to get a ballpark figure on how many LATCH manuals we'll be ordering, so I can start planning envelopes and possibly automating this whole process. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I can set up a database to manage the names and addresses of everyone who needs to be sent a manual.

We're looking at $23ish US for the manual plus shipping. I have no idea how much shipping costs to Canada are yet, but I will eventually find out :)

Crunchie is organizing the money/names side of things, and I will be driving to SRN (they're Seattle-ish, so about 1.5 hours from me) to pick up the manuals so we do not have to pay to have them all shipped twice. This will save everyone a couple of dollars.

-N.

ADS

sparkyd

I just decided to take a tech course at the end of February. Do you get the LATCH manual when you do the course? If not, I'm afraid I don't know enough about it to know whether I want one - do I? I'm assuming it would be a good thing to have...

Misty-Bug

I just decided to take a tech course at the end of February. Do you get the LATCH manual when you do the course? If not, I'm afraid I don't know enough about it to know whether I want one - do I? I'm assuming it would be a good thing to have...

it would be good to have. From what I understand it lists the makes and models of cars and the capabilities of LATCH in them. Whether you can use center LATCH borrowing and such. Does that make sense? I am sure a tech will chime in though. As far as I know you don't get them with the course.

Nicole - I would like one. Problem is lack of money right now. When do you need the money?

QuassEE

Since they won't be out until Jan-Feb, we won't need the money until the New Year. As for whether or not you need one as a tech--I think it does make your life quite a bit easier. It's easier to consult the LATCH manual versus flip through the seatbelt section of the vehicle manual when you're doing a check. It also has some information that is not contained within the vehicle manual, such as LATCH weight limits, non-standard spacing, anchor borrowing, seating position restrictions, tether anchor part numbers, manufacturer bulletins, etc. I call it my "Tech Bible".

-N.

canmom

Hi. I have been lurking mostly on here for a while. I just finished the CRST training today. I would like a LATCH manual.... can I only get it through you? Just curious where they come from etc as I am new. Also, how do I access the tech forum... or can I? Thanks!

QuassEE

Safe Ride News publishes the LATCH manual every two years. They're just outside of Seattle, which is how/why I'm picking them up. I think crunchie and I will put up a database entry form for everyone to plunk their information into for ordering, but in the meantime we'll just try to get a headcount since the # of manuals we order dictates the final pricing.

Nationally certified CRSTs (this means the St. John's Ambulance course) can get CPS Tech status and access to the tech forum with verification of their certificate. Once you get your certificate, send me Trudy, Tam or myself a PM and we will let you know what needs to be done.

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC