Keyfit problems

JerseyGirl'sMama

My sister has her 3 mo old DC in a Keyfit. The other day, she came over and brought baby inside, in her carseat. When it was time for them to leave, I put her baby back in the seat myself. I adjusted the harness as my sister seems to leave it a little loose at times. After a minute of waiting while my sister looked for her keys, I looked back and the harness had loosened. It was easily an inch looser than before. :eek:

I asked her about it and she said it had recently started doing that. I looked the seat over, and everything looks just fine. Anyone have this or a similar issue? What should she do?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Call Chicco. They're extremely responsive to consumer concerns and possible safety problems.

Have her check the adjuster mechanism to make sure that there's no debris stuck in it. And if it's consistenly loosening like that, she should use a different seat until it's replaced - I'm guessing that if there's nothing she can see when inspecting the adjustment lever, that they'll probably want the seat back to take a look at.

melniemi

Did the harness loosen or did the baby "settle"? I know sometimes my dd's harness seems looser after she settles in a little, especially as a baby.

Just a thought. But Chicco does have excellent customer service. I would bet they'll replace the whole seat.

JerseyGirl'sMama

Ok, so I got a call back yesterday from Julie R. with Chicco. She suggested taking out the newborn insert (the bottom cushion) and trying that. Sis and I ran errands yesterday, and the harness was fine. I don't understand the physics of it, but apparently that lower cushion was the cause. Oh, baby was 9lbs last month at her check up, so Sis didn't think she was 11 lbs yet. We weighed her at 11 1/2 lbs! So good thing that lower insert is out now.

Thanks for your help ladies! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC