Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Radian seat belt install help

Is there any easier ways to feed the seat belt through the back? Dh and I both got our hands stuck trying to install it. We did get it tight once we got the belt through. We had to take the seat out again due to a pee accident and am wondering before we install again.
    Carissa, mommy to Adam 5/19/05 and 53lbs 3'10 riding in a Monterey and GTB And Megan 12/27/07 and 23lbs 33 inches riding rf'ing in a Marathon and Princess Radian in a 09 BMW X5 Diesel and Civic Hybrid. We are officially GREEN

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian seat belt install help

What works for me (small hands) is to put the seatbelt buckle uder just the tips of my fingers, and then put both hands through the belt path, one from each side. I can then pass the buckle from one hand to the other.

What if you turned the Radian on its side, and holding the seatbelt so that it doesn't retract, let gravity do the work? Maybe with a little jiggling in case the buckle gets hung up. Once it's through, you can grab the buckle and set the Radian upright.

Actually, there are slits in the cover for this purpose. You can pull the belt through to the front of the cover, then feed it behind the cover, and then out the other side. It's MUCH easier if you use those slits (they are closed with velcro).

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

Would the seat belt be between the cover and seat? I am not sure I understand that. Time to go investigate......
    Carissa, mommy to Adam 5/19/05 and 53lbs 3'10 riding in a Monterey and GTB And Megan 12/27/07 and 23lbs 33 inches riding rf'ing in a Marathon and Princess Radian in a 09 BMW X5 Diesel and Civic Hybrid. We are officially GREEN

Yes, it still goes between the cover and the seat, through the belt path. I think it shows how to do it in the instruction manual.

Oh.my.gosh. How in the world did we miss that!! We scraped the crap out of our hands and this is so much easier!! Thanks!!

Now I just wish I could get my new pretty pink Radian installed in rf'ing in my Aspen.

lol!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamsmommy View Post
    Now I just wish I could get my new pretty pink Radian installed in rf'ing in my Aspen.
    what problems are you having? Which seating position and are you using LATCH?

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    what problems are you having? Which seating position and are you using LATCH?
    It touches the driver seat too much. I guess I should not have said installing issues. Sorry about that. Rf'ing, it is just too tall. I tried moving the seat up and driving like that, but couldn't stand it. Ds refused to switch sides, so we will just use the Marathon until she goes ff'ing.

Oh, and there is no middle or I would do that. Just the captian chairs. I tried to get ds to even move to the third row, but it is a no go.

try two things.

1. recline the captain's chair while installing... pop it up after... it will put the seat further into the crack and make it take up less space

if that doesn't work

2. when you install the seat, pull the bottom of the radian a little further back from the crack so that it will install more upright.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos