Britax SIP you tube video

ADS

MissAllyLou

I'm really disapointed at the girl in the Meghan BLVD.. she quite obviously should still be rear-facing!! And the girl in the Frontier looked a little on the small side, too.

Lea_Ontario

I can't hear the talking over the nasty music.

Never mind - that music was from another application. OOPS !

oursonend

I can't hear the talking over the nasty music.

Never mind - that music was from another application. OOPS !
Lol! :rolleyes:

That was a pretty interesting video.

I'm wondering... Is it just me, or did anyone else not notice such a huge difference in the crash footage between the SIP and True SIP seats?

fyrfightermomma

Even the true SIP videos didn't look that great. I couldn't believe how much the head wings bent and the child still moved over very far toward the point of impact.

However, when you compare it to a non SIP seat (meaning without wings) I bet it's a hundred times better :) It just looks so vicious!

and I agree about the Blvd shot with the girl. They showed her at the same time they said something along the lines of "here at britax we are all about safety." All I could help thinking was....then why isn't she rear facing? lol

Adventuredad

Thanks for posting the video:thumbsup: Side impact collisions are very deadly and I personally use seats with good SIP. Unfortunately, SIP is not very effective unless child is rear facing. In a crash, a child's head is often leaning forward at moment of impact making SIP ineffective. Don't misunderstand me, I use it and think everyone should but the benefits of SIP in a seat (unless rf) are small if child is forward facing due to how forces act in a crash.

I also reacted about the little girl (age?) being forward facing. I know the video talks about SIP but what they showed is very bad handling of risk for a child. Keeping a baby rear facing at a young age, 12-ish months, is 500% safer than forward facing. Having good SIP is safer but benefits are unfortunately not large. A parent might see this video and think forward facing a young toddler is a great idea and it's SIP which makes the huge difference in safety. Most of the crash tests of SIP are shown with a child's head being firmly in place which unfortunately is often not reality.

If child is rf, he/she is not pushed further into the seat making SIP very effective. Disappointed they didn't have the little gir rfing:twocents:

Maedze

Did you guys see how the slack the harness was after the crash test?!

That harness REALLY stretches. Scary that people tend to reuse seats after accidents.

fyrfightermomma

Did you guys see how the slack the harness was after the crash test?!

That harness REALLY stretches. Scary that people tend to reuse seats after accidents.

I know! When you think about how much it stretched in the slow motion one it was like a good 5-6 inches. Now factor in that most parents have a few inches of slack in there already so now you have a harness with 9 inches of slack!

It really pushed home WHY you need to have the harness so snug. It will loosen enough on it's own!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That baby in the Meghan Blvd was tiny!!

I thought it was funny that they kept showing the MA naked, and pointing out the EPS foam but they didn't show the TSIP seats which only have foam in the 'wings'.

Maedze

I thought it was funny that they kept showing the MA naked, and pointing out the EPS foam but they didn't show the TSIP seats which only have foam in the 'wings'.

Right! And don't the new Mas just say (SIP) on them not (TSIP)?

I liked the over all video, I think it hit some interesting points home, but I think it could have been done better. The baby should have been rear facing, for starters. They could have emphasized the importance of havign the seat installed properly. Britax? Are you listening? LOL.

emandbri

Wow, I didn't realize that that was the frontier harness after the crash! I was going to post that they didn't have the harness tight enough. I wonder if the straps on the frontier and regent stretch more then the straps on the convertibles which have thicker straps?

That bugged me too. I'm really kind of nervous about the foam only being on the wings and it bugs me that I have no other options for Benjamin once he outgrows the MA. I want a seat like the frontier or nautilus but with foam all down the sides and with thick straps. I don't think I'm asking too much. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC