Only one more month...

Splash

Until Charlie enters the rear facing album.

Where did the time go? <sniff>

Is it weird that what I am looking forward to most about him turning one is people asking why he is still RF and me getting to explain it?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Not weird at all, I feel the same way. :) It's the people who make a big momentous occasion out of turning their little ones FF at their first birthday, even when they're aware of the reasons not to turn them forward facing so soon, who are the true weirdos. It's great to point out to anyone who asks the benefits of extended rear facing. I'm anticipating a few relatives will question why my 12.5 month old is still rear facing at a couple of family get togethers this week. I even hope to educate some family members who are expecting their first babies about aftermarket carseat products in their baby registries (mirrors, might tite, headrests, ugh).

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, I figure I'm the weird one, because I'm excited I've got 2 kids over 12mo in my daycare, who rf in MY car. Sadly, I'm pretty certain both are ff in their parents cars. One I'm not positive on (coudn't see in the car very well w/the dark tent, and didn't want to stare too obviously! lol), since he just started this week (again...had him before as an infant)...but the other has been ff since 6mo. :(

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
hehehe Awesome!

I'm hoping Piper's new picture will be up there soon. Right now it just shows her at 17 months and 2.5 years. So a 3.5 year picture is nice too. :)

Wendy

ccjones

MY DS just turned 1-year-old last Friday, and I just can't imagine turning him around yet. He still seems so tiny, even though he is 22lbs and 30+" now. DH was making some grumblings about turning DS FF in his car, but then DH got rear-ended while driving the Jeep last week, and got a minor case of whiplash. I mentioned that is was a good thing DS wasn't with him, and if he was, how being RF would have helped to prevent whiplash. I have a feeling that the Radians will stay RF in DH's Acura TL and in the Jeep for a little while longer after that mishap! Although, I seriously doubt he would have turned the carseat FF, simply because I would have *****ed too much about it. I have DH trained to live by the following motto: "When Colleen's happy, everybody's happy!" ;) HAHAHA

Also, I made sure I told my ILs to keep him RF in the AO Elite they have for him. They didn't question me, because I just said that we think DS is just too small to be FF yet. None of my family has asked me about it, and I don't know if they will or not. Most of my family members are older, and they just don't keep up with all the "new-fangled" carseat stuff. They just do what I tell them, in regards to the carseats. I would like to be asked why he is still RF, though, because I would like to educate someone about the benefits of staying RF.

Colleen

skaterbabs

There are actually 2 pictures of Joyjoy in the extended RF album - taken almost exactly one year apart. I imagine by this time next year she'll be in the extended harnessed album 'cause I'm pretty certain she'll hit 40 lbs before Christmas.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, Leila's in there, too :) Lately she's asked to use "grandma's" booster in my car -- I showed her the pics of her in the RF album as well as her big sister's pic in the FF album ... she was convinced that it's worth it to stay in the harness at least to make in BOTH albums :D :p

melaniev

ooh can i get into the extended harness album or does she have to be 40#?

I ran into a friend who's a ped the other day and talked to her about the possibility of a booster for gramma's car and her opinion was "under no circumstances" should this child be out of a 5point harness, even for a short trip / emergency / etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC