TrueFit at my local baby boutique

jsta1005

Today I went looking to see if any stores around me carry the True Fit. I had seen it once before so I went back.

The lady at the store told me they weren't carrying it because it was hard to use so nobody wanted to buy it! She said adjusting the straps was too complicated...

Should I listen to anything she said? Or should I take the chance and order it sight unseen. I know almost everybody on the board loves the seat, so is it enough love to chance it?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Lol adjusting the straps is very easy. She must have been confused. Do you have a Target? Most of those carry them.

jmm3

Lol adjusting the straps is very easy. She must have been confused. Do you have a Target? Most of those carry them.

:yeahthat: The straps are incredibly easy to adjust. You don't have to uninstall or anything. Just pull out little knobs on each side and slide to the next slot.

jsta1005

That's what I thought... Isn't the no re thread a bonus? Why would anybody think it would be harder?

I have 2 Targets... 1 is 15 min. away... I visit often... the other is 45 min away... and of course the closer one doesn't have the True Fit, but the farther away store does. I guess I get to make a visit soon!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm thinking it's *possible* she meant adjusting the straps as in tightening them...the continuous harness might confuse some people if they are not used to it, i guess? Especially if she is a boutique that normally carries say, Marathions, which have the straight puoll adjuster..? just a guess.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The tech instructor in our area think Britax seats are hard to use, lol. Just buy the seat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
bow.gif

Thank you.

jsta1005

I bought a True Fit today!!!!!!!!! It's installed but I currently have no children to put in it... must wait till tomorrow!

It's cappuccino.

I will post some pictures when I have kids to put in the seat!

BeckC

It's possible she thinks the straps are hard to adjust because she's doing it wrong.

We played with a True Fit in my tech class and everyone besides me hated it. They said it was too heavy (um, it's not an infant seat and I'd rather a seat be solid than flimsy), hated that it had lockoffs and that you had to use them and thought that the straps were hard to adjust. Come to find out they were trying to actually undo the straps like you would on a MA.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Come to find out they were trying to actually undo the straps like you would on a MA.

Apparently they missed the "read the manual" part for adjusting strap height? :whistle:

I'm looking forward to seeing pic's of the new seat. I don't absolutely totally and completely love my True Fit - no seat has ever quite fallen into that category, but I am quite attached to it and love how much side impact protection it has. It's one of those seats that you just know is well made and safe.

jsta1005

They said it was too heavy (um, it's not an infant seat and I'd rather a seat be solid than flimsy)

Shoot, when I picked it up today and was taking it out of the box I thought Wow this is light... I guess I'm just used to the beasty Radian and Nauti...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Shoot, when I picked it up today and was taking it out of the box I thought Wow this is light... I guess I'm just used to the beasty Radian and Nauti...

That's just what I was thinking. "If they think this is heavy, they should try a Radian!" LOL

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

I hope you like it. I want one! I think it would be PERFECT for my DN for my car. :eek:

Do I need it? No.
Do I want it? YES!

It is taking a lot of self-restraint to not order one. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC