Where does it say AAP recommends Rearfacing to 2/30 pounds?

Ok, so I sent out the story about the lil' boy here who got hurt in a crash and grandpa sent out the story. I got lot's of replies to it. My one friend is PRO Harness past 40 pounds and 4 years(I got her to get a regent for her 42 pound 3 year old at the time)....

But, her lil' one is approaching 1 years old next week and he is 24 pounds. I have alot of videos and info stored. I just can't seem to find the exact article that says that about AAP. I have the article, but no link(and she wants the link).
Her doctor just told her to turn her almost 1 year old at 1 year old, because his feet are touching the back of the seat and they will break in a crash. She is starting to not believe me because her AWSEOME doctor :rolleyes: said it wasn't safe. She believes the AAP though.

Thanks.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
AAP recommendation is "to the limits of the seat" or "as long as possible" I believe.

Here is the "Guide for Families."

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Adventuredad

Her doctor just told her to turn her almost 1 year old at 1 year old, because his feet are touching the back of the seat and they will break in a crash. She is starting to not believe me because her AWSEOME doctor said it wasn't safe.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised about terrible car seat safety with that kind of advice:whistle:

Really horrible advice by the doctor

Well, I am happy! She totally doesn't understand why her ped said that and wants to know why the law isn't more. She says she understands know about rearfacing! WOOHOOO!!!!

But, now I am trying to figure out how long her seat rearfaces too! I don't think too long. Ughhh... I am making another post. She might have to borrow my scenera until she gets a new seat.

Kat_Momof3

tell her that her ped, and most others, just simply haven't been educated enough in the latest info... but that it IS getting spread... encourage her to take handouts or info in some other way and educate him/her herself.

And with regard to the law, I would simply point out that they have enough trouble getting people to abide by the current laws. Also, boosters are usually the first laws we fight for because its a complete lack of use we see due to lack of law, not just not ideal use.

fyrfightermomma

I'd just mention that they just aren't that up to date....treating injuries and diseases are their #1 job. While I wish they would be up to date on CPS, I'd rather have him spend him time researching how to cure my child's leukemia or something, KWIM? (and no, my child does not have leukemia)

They have so many other things to do, they just don't have the time to research it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC