Guess what I did today :)

NotJUSTamom

After my best friend and I were done working out this morning we decided to head to our churchs "Mom sale." We went in to just look around and see if they had anything good and sure enough we found some cute outfits for Lexi and Jaydyn (Best friend's baby girl who is about a week older then Lex ) As we turned the corner I saw a few car seats. Now, me being me I totaly went over and looked at them and sure enough there were 3 expired 5pt Centurys that expired in Dec of last year (a few of them looked like they had been through a war!) and ummm, haha I bought all 3 of them!!!:whistle: I feel bad throwing away money, but they aren't safe! DH was not exactly thrilled when he came home and saw 3 new car seats in the garage and even more unhappy when I said I wouldn't be using them, but hey, I did a good thing right?? :)

ADS

NannyMom

yes, good for you :)

I bought 3 or 4 expired snug rides from a yard sale onces just to destroy them. I mentioned to the woman why I was buying them, and it became a teaching moment. She had bought them at a yard sale to use for her daycare kids, and decided she doesn't need them anymore. So....we had a talk about used seats :) and..well..seats in general too :) and ERF.

NotJUSTamom

yes, good for you :)

I bought 3 or 4 expired snug rides from a yard sale onces just to destroy them. I mentioned to the woman why I was buying them, and it became a teaching moment. She had bought them at a yard sale to use for her daycare kids, and decided she doesn't need them anymore. So....we had a talk about used seats :) and..well..seats in general too :) and ERF.

Yea, I was going to say something but it was really crowded and I figured since I bought them all that no one would be buying any expired seats (there at least) so I didnt..But, actually right now I am letting Addison and Kennedy destroy the seats (they are having fun with that) :p and I will be putting them out for trash day tomorrow!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC