Need things for my pedi

kmcenery

Every appt from 12 mos on he has told me that dd can now go ff. I have told him every time it is safer for her to be rear facing. I wanted to bring him info to share at his office with the other peds (about 3-5 others in the same office). Any good things I can make a packet with. Her 2 year appt os next week on friday so I thougt I would get this started now so its done and ready to go.

Thank you.

ADS

itzmeigh

After the second time she asked I would have said *You just stick to keeping my child healthy. I'll worry with keeping her safe.* But then I tend to be a grump like that. The main reasons I have picked my Pedis is their ability to stay the heck out of my parenting choices.

If that didn't work then I'd lie and say she is FFing already.

I'd take a hand out but don't hold much hope it it chaning minds. If they can't even read what the AAP has to say about the issue I doubt that they care much about a hand out from a parent. But again, I'm kinda grumpy like that.

I don't talk about car seats or co sleeping or even our diet unless we have a diet related question to ask in the doctor's office. Weigh the kid. Poke him a few times. give me some drugs that I may or may not give him. Then let me out of your germ infested office before we actually get sick. (Oh and while your at it can you get rid of the germ infested toys that the sick kid dribble snot all over while waiting to see you?)

Why yes, I hate the Pedi off why do you ask! Jacob is 3.5 and I just can't make myself get him to his 3 year old check up. Sigh... Maybe after the new year...

tjham

I would print this out for him to read.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/121/3/619

And highlight this part:

One significant change in counseling is now emerging that may greatly improve the safety of infants and young children. A recent analysis of the protection provided in rear-facing compared with forward-facing car safety seats has revealed that children under the age of 2 years are 75% less likely to die or sustain serious injury when they are in a rear-facing seat.2 This finding was true regardless of direction of the crash, even those crashes with side impact, which typically are the most severe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC