tell me about the TrueFit

jsta1005

after thinking about it for a while I'm thinking about getting a True Fit instead of a MA/BLVD... So for all of you who have it tell me everything about it!

How high is the harness?
How well does the cover wash?
How does it puzzle with other seats? with a Radian?
Does it install well?

and any other good or bad things... I was convinced I wanted a Britax but after hearing some of the things you guys have said I might have changed my mind! and I'd rather not spend the extra money for the Britax if a True Fit is just as awesome (if not more)... thanks!

ADS

hboo22

We have a True Fit and are getting another one any day now (yay).
How high is the harness? The top slot is about the same as a Marathon I think, around 17 inches
How well does the cover wash?We have the Monet pattern and it is really easy to keep clean. I have only had to wash it once (usually just wipe it down) and it unsnaps, it's really easy to get off!
How does it puzzle with other seats? I couldn't tell you, we have a minivan with captain's seatswith a Radian?
Does it install well?It is a breeze to install, has the easy LATCH clips like a Britax, and also has lockoffs.

I have never had a Britax, just seen them in stores, and I like how the TF is a much deeper seat. It sits directly on the seat, no base, and I like that too. It is also completely lined with EPS foam. The no rethread harness adjuster is great. It is pretty heavy. It is a really great seat IMO.

firemomof3

I had 2 True Fits for a few months before I sold them. What I liked about the true fit was: tall harness slots, much roomier then britax marathon/blvd., great leg support, loads of leg room rf, easy to install. What I didn't like about it was the harness adjustor was buried in my vehicle seat, and the continuous harness drove me nuts (but I seem to be the only one :eek:) And my little 10mo. seemed to be "swallowed" up in the true fit vs. the signo which "hugs" him...but thats just me.
Overall, I would recommend this seat without reservation :thumbsup:

MOM25BOYS

I love mine!!:love: I even went and bought a Blvd just to see if I really loved the TF more than my Britax seats.:eek::eek: And you know what.....I really don't like the Blvd.:( Honestly if you can get by the buried adjuster strap and no RF Tether the TF is an awesome seat. I don't have too much of a problem with my adjuster since I slightly reclined my seat back. As far as how tall the harness is..... I want to think that DS3 had a little more room to grow in the TF than when he was in the MA FF. I think it has to do with the seat depth being better on the TF. Washing the cover is easy peasy.....Like the PP poster said it snaps off really easy and you don't have to unhook the harness like with the Britax seats. :2thumbsup: I have handwash mine once, but usually all I need to do is unsnap and shake it out. As far as puzzling, it does perfect with a Radian beside it. I have both installed RF side by side in my second row. The low profile of the Radian makes it sit lower than the TF. I have also had the RN FF beside it too with no problems. The only problem I ran into the TF with is when trying to do a 3 across on my tiny 3rd row. It does do great 3 across on my 2nd row since it is roomier though.:thumbsup: As for the install it is super easy RF and the lock offs are great! I did find it a little hard to get the FF lock off closed when I had DS3's installed, but that had more to do with the locking mechanism on my seatbelt.;) I know you will enjoy your TF and have fun shopping.:)

NannyMom

J is too tall for the Marathon, his shoulders are over the top slots. I installed a TF at BRU a month or 2 ago, and J still had a little room to grow in it (and inch, possibly 2). The harness was a little snug though. I think I;ve seen others on here say once the child gets close to outgrowing it, there's not much harness left. I think J might have been able to make it to the max height, we just couldn't loosen the harness.

It installed really well in my Sienna both RF and FF. Had some problems cuz I couldn't get the cup holder off and that was hitting the MA next to it.

For people that have the harness adjuster burried in their seat...is it recline to a full 45*? If it's reclined 45* is there a problem getting to it? That's the 1 thing I forgot to look at when I had it installed :eek:

solmama

We love our Truefit. The lockoffs make it easy to install in nearly every vehicle we've had it in. As far as puzzling...ours is currently rear-facing on the middle bench seat of our minivan, next to a Regent. Happy shopping!

Overall I love my TF. My 4 yo likes to sit in it RF when my 22 mo is not with us - that's how roomy and comfortable it is. The buried harness adjuster is slightly annoying, and the harness straps do seem on the thinner side which makes them a little twisty (hence making pulling the loop harness sometimes difficult - must untwist straps first). I like the seat enough, though, to consider these only minor annoyances. After all, the perfect seat could only be designed by a mom - right?!!!!!!!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC