I'm bored...help me pick an infant seat!

Which infant seat?

• Combi Shuttle

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Combi Connection

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Britax Companion

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Britax Chaperone

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Clicky box

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
So I've narrowed it down to these seats:

Combi Shuttle
combi_shuttle_malibu.jpg

Combi Connection
connection.jpg

Britax Companion
britaxcompanion.jpg

And of course the Britax Chaperone (I always want to call it the Chauffeur :rolleyes:) providing of course it's out before Bean is due.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
What is the Britax Chaperone?!

Britax is redesigning the Companion, and calling it the Chaperone. Supposedly it will have a 30 lb weight limit, and head support like the Blvd and not the air-filled cushions the Companion has. Search the board and you'll find a thread about it. :thumbsup:

cpsaddict

Does the Shuttles ARF fold down or anything? Is it always right there? Anyway, I LOVE the colors on that Shuttle. Purely on looks alone, the Shuttle. I really don't care for the Companion(ok, just the dumb air-filled headrest things) or the Connection, but the Shuttle is doable.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I hate the Companion too, but less than some other options. The ARB does not fold down. The onnection is not super cute but neither was mt Tyro and I loved that thing.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
The ARB is on the seat itself and not on the base? Hmmmmm. I think that would buy me. If you have the time, I'd wait on the new Britax infant seat! It may not be all that great, but it might be awesome!

firemomof3

I voted other because I like the keyfit the best! I thought I liked the shuttle but then found out it has the puzzle clip which would drive me nuts!

firemomof3

Ohhh, you can use the britax chest clip with the combi??!! The crotch "clip" isn't a puzzle design on the combi is it?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ohhh, you can use the britax chest clip with the combi??!! The crotch "clip" isn't a puzzle design on the combi is it?

No, they use the same clip!

It is a puzzle, but I really don't mind. I like being able to hear that one solid click and know she was secure.

See this is the style of clip I like:
scarlettseat.jpg

firemomof3

Oh ya duh :doh: I don't think I'd mind the puzzle clip either, its just my dh is car seat "challenged" and he gets confused easily. Great picture!

skylinphoto

If I were buying an infant seat right now, I'd go for the Shuttle.
But, I'm biased and looove Combi products (except the stupid zeus seat..ugh).

I like the ARB, the chest clip and puzzle crotch buckle like you do, and it looks super good. Plus, it's ultra lightweight!

mominabigtruck

If the chaperone comes out I'd get that just because I'm not a huge fan of combi stuff, their strollers drive me insane. After that, probably the connection even though I think its ugly and the fabrics scratchy.

G8r4evr

In all honesty, my order of preference for infant seats is SS1, Keyfit (especially in the new pink pattern), and the Britax Companion.

scatterbunny

Between those three, probably the Shuttle. :thumbsup: Puzle buckles don't bother me hugely, in the grand scheme of things. I :love: the ARB on the seat itself. The Connection has the weird, long belt path on the base, doesn't it? Not that that would be a dealbreaker for me, either-but what would make the Connection more appealing than the Shuttle? To me, the ARB is a huge selling point. I hate the one-piece Companion chest clip, and the air-filled SIP wings aren't an important feature to me, so I'd skip it.

If I needed an infant seat right now, the KeyFit and Shuttle would most likely be topping the list.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Between those three, probably the Shuttle. :thumbsup: Puzle buckles don't bother me hugely, in the grand scheme of things. I :love: the ARB on the seat itself. The Connection has the weird, long belt path on the base, doesn't it? Not that that would be a dealbreaker for me, either-but what would make the Connection more appealing than the Shuttle? To me, the ARB is a huge selling point. I hate the one-piece Companion chest clip, and the air-filled SIP wings aren't an important feature to me, so I'd skip it.

If I needed an infant seat right now, the KeyFit and Shuttle would most likely be topping the list.

Why do you like the ARB on the seat itself? Seems like it would be a pain getting baby in and out of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC