Question if you had to pick a booster for a 40lb 4 year old, what would it be?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
title says it all.
Say it's in a state where the law only goes to age 4:rolleyes:, so child doesn't HAVE to be in anything, and "noone" else the family knows uses anything for their 4+, so this is a big step for them.....but the parents are possibly agreeable to putting the child into a booster, but NOT a harnessed seat.
their preference is to going to be to get something cheap, but i might be able to wrangle a bit in this area....
what is a good hbb for an average-to slightly chunky sized 4 yr old 40 lb child?

ADS

Maedze

Graco TB fits a little kid really well. I would just be worried that the parents wouldn't bother to put screws in the armrests :rolleyes: What about Recaro Vivo?

emandbri

I really like the monterey but that might be too much and it most likely isn't available locally.

I'd probably say turbo too because there are so many cute patterns out there and the kid can choose one he likes.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
there are recaro young styles right now for $50 at TRU...would that be a good choice? i might just buy one and "gift" it....??...

Maedze

That's the same price as most TB without the armrest problem. Also I think it adjusts higher. I think that's a good idea.

The monterey doesn't fit little booster riders so well I hear.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I'd get the turbo. Easy to find, cute and converts to a backless. I'd just tell them exactly how to install the screws.

I don't think the turbo fits my son well at all...but he is 36ish pounds, almost 4 and 39 inches and a smaller toso.

That said though it fits my small torso, almost 6 year old, 53ish pound, 40 inch daycare girl very well!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Young Style if it's THAT cheap... :twocents::) (will they use a Turbo properly? I hate seeing those in cars, knowing how many people refuse to even try to get the belts in the right places :p)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC