Titan or ComfortSport?

• Titan

Votes: 61 93.8%
  • ComfortSport

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If those were the only two seats on the shelf and you needed one today, which would you buy, and why?

(I'm thinking the newest ones... put your feet in the shoes of a BRU shopper on an extremely limited income with a baby 'just outgrowing the infant seat' and pick one).

:)

ADS

cpsaddict

Titan Elite. It has higher harness slots than the Comfortsport and it actually has a decent splitter plate, so you don't end up with the straps different lengths. Also, the rearfacing belt path on the CS is not great for installation. Oh, and I hate the two strap adjustment system to tighten and loosen. With the Titan, at least one has a decent chance of getting it installed correctly and using it for more than a year.

Maedze

Titan. Even though the shells are more or less the same the Titan has a 35 rf limit.

Also i think the harness height is a nudge higher than the CS.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Another vote for the Titan. It's comfy and I believe it's a bit taller than the comfort sport. :)

emandbri

Hee hee I'm not sure if I've ever seen a poll 100% before. The comfort sport just sucks all around there is no way I would buy one. Honestly if I saw someone with one in their cart I would tell them what is wrong with it.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
titan, although both really are crap on a stick.
(says the person who has a Rf titan installed in her vehicle as DS's seat right now....LOL)
for the same money you could get an avenue, so for someone whose main concern was budget, i'd steer them to an Ave if at all possible...if not, I'd rec a fricken tribute over a comfortsport, its a bit less money, and a tad higher top slot, and it isn't a CS, which is evil in it's purest form, and it's only $60 at wallyworld. Or just a scenera. For someone who was willing to plunk down $100 for a titan, I'd urge them to look deep and see if they could possibly find another $30 for an EFTA. If not...still...titan over scenera, over tribute, over pure evil.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks, guys. I would possibly explode with joy if they'd dump one of the three ComfortSports (Ok, how sucky is it that all three of them have covers that are falling off the seats already there on the shelf???) and get an Avenue. I wonder who does the buying for BRU, and can I kiss up to them and sway them in a smarter set of buying decisions :rolleyes::cool:
:thumbsup:

mish

I didn't vote, but I have to say, I really don't hate the comfortsport. I even bought one for my niece. It fits her really well and we don't find it hard to use at all. Also, she is 18 months and has a lot of room to grow. I have a friend that has one for her son who will be two next week. He is a big boy, over 30 pounds, and still fits in it. No, they are not the best seat out there, and I don't really recommend them, but they are fine.

G8r4evr

I voted for the Titan, based solely on cosmetics. I love the look of the Titan, but something about the ComfortSport just looks off to me.

Pingbns

I like the padding on the bottom on the corfort sport, but the slot height on the titian, but I just hate those big ugly chest clip that I can barely undo on the evenflo's

NannyMom

Titan. Even though the shells are more or less the same the Titan has a 35 rf limit.

Also i think the harness height is a nudge higher than the CS.

My thoughts exactly. My friend's DD hit 30 pounds at 18 months and couldn't RF in the CS anymore, but she could have in the Titan.

cpsaddict

Thanks, guys. I would possibly explode with joy if they'd dump one of the three ComfortSports (Ok, how sucky is it that all three of them have covers that are falling off the seats already there on the shelf???) and get an Avenue. I wonder who does the buying for BRU, and can I kiss up to them and sway them in a smarter set of buying decisions :rolleyes::cool:
:thumbsup:

I wondered the same thing when I worked there. I was CONSTANTLY fixing the stupid CS covers. :thumbsdown: Then, we we get all the new seats, three brand spankin' new CS. Yippee. Do they still carry the Tribute? I think THAT would be better than the CS.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Surely one day Graco will get with the program and make some changes to the Comfortsport. I would choose the Titan Elite for sure. The Comfortsport is just too quirky and small. Top slots ff only, middle ff or rf and bottom rf only. IMO that is just not something most parents are going to catch.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Well, I voted Comfortsport. Because really, if I were "a BRU shopper on an extremely limited income with a baby 'just outgrowing the infant seat' and pick one" then I probably wouldn't know any better, and I'd pick a Comfortsport because of the cute girly pattern. :p

But I think they SHOULD pick the Titan.

mominabigtruck

The titan is very much like a scenera plus eps foam and a decent recline mechanism.

The titan so doesn't even compare to a scenera. Other then the fact that they have the same height and weight specs, but that's every other 40lb seat. The titan has an insert and a soft cover that actually seems comfortable, plus eps foam and the ability to recline without 3 pool noodles and a locking clip. To me, that's like saying a companion is comparable to a discovery, so not even close.:twocents:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Surely one day Graco will get with the program and make some changes to the Comfortsport. I would choose the Titan Elite for sure. The Comfortsport is just too quirky and small. Top slots ff only, middle ff or rf and bottom rf only. IMO that is just not something most parents are going to catch.

The titan has similar rules.....:confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC