What weight would you believe? UGHH!! 39 pounds?

Ok, I have a huge delema here.....

Logan's regular doctor's scale said he was 36 pounds.
OUr scale at home says he is 33.6 pounds
The scale at the walgreens health check place(they have a health clinic there now) said 39 pounds today. This is all within a month.
Now, to me I believe more of the 33.6 pounds....but I am really worried now seeing he is in 40 pound limit carseats in my van.

UGHH!!! What to do?

ADS

misskerri

Go buy a new seat, of course!

My son LOVES his Nautilus. :) Of course, he'll be 5 in a few short weeks, so he's a bit older than your DS, but he JUST hit the 40lb mark like last month. :)

mykidsmylife

How about you stand on the scale at home. Weigh yourself... Then hold him and stand on the scale. Subtract your weight holding him from your weight.

That is how I do it when scales are off... ;)

But I agree that I would go ahead and buy him a new seat...

tjham

I love new seats but I would go by what it said on the doctor's office scale.
And maybe stop by there every month or so just to use the scale. Or stop by a different doctor's office and ask to use their scale.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I am totally there with you....dd was 38 at the dr office, she was reading 38 consistently at home..but now it's very nearly 40! ACK! but the other scale (i have a baby scale that goes 0-44 pounds) still says 38ish.....
DD's backup seat is a 40 lb seat, and I'm too nervous to use it at this point......

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
One of those scales is wrong...I think you'd notice a 6 pound difference if you picked him up :twocents::) (and your 40lb seat is a Chase? Is it top tethered? Same seat goes to 47 pounds in Canada top tethered, I think you have a minute to shop for something with a higher weight...--of course the Scenera is 40lbs everywhere...)

Evolily

Doctors offices and clinics don't tend to have the most reliable scales :twocents: . I once lost 15 lbs, just by changing rooms :rolleyes: .

In any case, I would be comfortable using a seat rated to 47#'s in Canada over the US weight limit in a pinch. The physics of a crash don't change at the border.

Ok, so that is good to know-I didn't know the chase was 47 in Canada. WHEW! Yes, it is top tethered... I really don't think he is 39 pounds... My niece is 31 pounds and he seems to be a lil' heavier, but not that much. My daycare boy(cousin) is 33-35 ish pounds(he fluctuates) and they seem the same weight.

I am going to be getting him the nautilus, but honestly really shouldn't until January-due to my daycare girl off about 2 weeks in January. So, I am out alot of money because of that. (winter break-her mom is a teacher).
And of course now we have a bill that is saying PAY NOW or Court is going to happen :-(, so I gotta pay all of that now.

I will just not use the scenera then for him(which really he uses the chase as his seat), but scenera mabey once a month.

Thank you everyone. I was getting worried.

arly1983

I would just take a trip to the Post Office to ease my mind.

It makes sense for the place where weight determines money paid to have the most accurate scale.

I would just take a trip to the Post Office to ease my mind.

It makes sense for the place where weight determines money paid to have the most accurate scale.
There are big scales there? I don't think I have seen them at mine! Just the ones on the counter at checkout. I am going to check that out! What a good idea. ;-)

arly1983

There are big scales there? I don't think I have seen them at mine! Just the ones on the counter at checkout. I am going to check that out! What a good idea. ;-)

LOL, at the two POs I go to here there are smaller scales in the outside part of the post office. Both are sitting on a low table. They are about 16 x 16 inches and 4-5 inches high and go up to 80 lbs. I figured my kid couldn't hurt it if it went up to 80 lbs.

I always get funny looks. I just sit her up there and make sure her legs are crossed and her whole body is on the scale.

About 6 months ago I was having the same problem with my doctor's scales and she was very close to the RFing limit.

mominabigtruck

We weigh at the post office too. The vet's office is also very helpful since they keep theirs calibrated for giving meds to little animals:eek:

Ok, so I just weighed him with me and got 34 pounds. I believe that more than 39 pounds! I did it with daycare baby and it brings her to 17 pounds(just like what her mom told me she was). Michael is at 49 pounds which is accurate too.

I am going with 34 pounds. I went to the doctor this morning and it said I weighed 8 pounds more than what I do at home! LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC