OT...Stacinator So Simple Cover

menfusse

Any of you cloth diaperin' mamas use these? I have been looking at these, because DD has chunky thighs and gets red marks very easily. I have read mixed reviews. It seems people either love it or hate it, no in between. My diaper stash is mainly prefolds, a couple of bumkins covers (big time red marks), a couple of kushies, and a couple of WAHM covers. I also have 4 bumgenius, 3 wonderoos ( I am not too fond of these, but they are *okay*), and a couple of AIO's I made. I use these for when we are out. Honestly, although I really like my bumgenius, I LOVE my prefolds. I was thinking that this cover would be a good choice for her. She is sort of narrow at the hips and it is easy to get a dipe snappied on tight because of that and her chunky legs. But I am also thinking of getting a few fitteds too. I keep looking ebay over for some used ones at good prices but so far have had no luck. Anyway, any thoughts?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I've heard they're really good, but I've never used them. I really like the wool covers from Sugar Peas though.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
We used the thick "double fleece" Stacinators for Leila -- with Kissaluvs or Kushies (I can't remember) ... they were awesome for her at nighttime! Way to bulky for daytime, though :p

Last edited:

skaterbabs

Joyjoy doesn't like the texture of wool, but I love it. We use fleece instead, with a handful of PUL.

menfusse

I like fleece, but I only had a couple of polar babies. They ran SO SMALL, and she didn't get much use out of them, so they are on ebay right now. I really like the idea of a pull on fleece soaker, but they are as expensive as wool, and I just can't see paying that. I would love to have a couple of more. Money is so tight right now for us, though, so I am trying to find used ones at a good price. I am still looking for the so simple covers used too, but no luck there either.

skaterbabs

I *heart* my fleece AIOs. They never leak, in fact Joyjoy wore a fleece Baby Soft Wraps pocket AIO stuffed with one prefold all the way home from the Outer Banks the other night and was fine. (3-4 hour trip). The trip down was longer and she was completely dry - but that's becausse she was holding it and wanted to use the potty. lol :rolleyes:

menfusse

If any of you guys want to part with any of your out grown diapering stuff for a fair price, let me know. Emily is puny for 7.5 months...14.5 lbs and pretty short, so anything in her size range. Just let me know. I am interested in fitted diapers and fleece covers. Anything that seem comfy and is waterproof too. Em is Mrs. Fussabunch and very particular already...ugh.

Splash

The So Simple is actually NOT fleece, it's PUL.
I LOVE them. Charlie is mister rotundo and they fit him well (he was in medium at birth and large by 2 months old). They're super roomy and easy to use.
How about acrylic? Not as bulletproof as wool or double weight fleece, but good. Or nylon. Most of charlie's covers are nylon and I LOVE nylon covers!

skaterbabs

My favorite thing about fleece is that when you get to the point where it would be too small in PUL or nylon, you can stretch fleece just enough to get a little more wear from it. lol

Michi

What is PUL?
(Sorry - I don't know much about cloth diapers, but I want to find out more)
Thanks,
Michi

Splash

Polyurethane laminate.
It's a plasticky type film, but breathable and flexible. Most waterproof mattress pads are backed with it. Almost all pocket diapers and all in ones use it, and PUL covers are the biggest segment of the market for diaper covers because they're cheap, easy to care for, and are almost bulletproof (depending on the thickness of the PUL).

menfusse

Splash said:
The So Simple is actually NOT fleece, it's PUL.
I LOVE them. Charlie is mister rotundo and they fit him well (he was in medium at birth and large by 2 months old). They're super roomy and easy to use.
How about acrylic? Not as bulletproof as wool or double weight fleece, but good. Or nylon. Most of charlie's covers are nylon and I LOVE nylon covers!
Yeah, I know. but the legs and waist are fleece and that is where the red marks happen. I have bumkins, kushies, proraps, and some WAHM's. Tow the WAHM's I had were tootleshells. I LOVED these, but she doesn't make them anymore. I like bumkins, but they just leave awful marks on her and she gets fussy after a while in them. I was thinking if I went all fleece, or with the so simple, then I would avoid that. I found a lady that is going to make me some acrylic longies. I am so excited! Emily isn't a heavy wetter, so they should work well.

Splash

Charlie is a VERY heavy wetter, and his acrylic soakers last him about an hour between changes. But we change him about every hour anyway, so it doesn't matter!
wigglewormbottoms.com makes fleece (or velour) lined PUL covers. Do you think that would help?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC