Twins on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late Starter

We are expecting twins in early June and have a two almost three year old. What carseats would you recommend for a '92 Toyota Camry - three across? Am I just dreaming that this will be possible or desireable?
Cheers, Sarah

ADS

oursonend

Hi and welcome! :)

I don't have first hand experience with a Camry, but you could check out the Successful 3 Accross thread and then click "search this thread" at the top right to look for your car. Here is the link: http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33226&highlight=successful

Is your two year old currently rear facing or forward facing? What seat is he or she using now?

The Camry is a big enough car. I am confident that it is 100% doable. :) Are you planning on getting infant seats or convertibles for the twins?

If it was me, I would be buying two Graco Safeseats (go to 30 lbs and about a year) and putting a Radian in the middle seat. But if your two year old is still rear-facing, it's possible the Radian would be too tall for the Camry (would hit the back of the front seats). It might not, though. Often rear-facing Radians fit between the front seats and it's a non-issue. You would have to try it out first, though. :)

The Safeseats would be nice because they have built-in lockoffs, so you won't have to bother with locking clips. The Radian would be nice because it's super narrow and will fit a child up to 5 or 6 yrs old. Also, when the time comes to move the twins to convertibles, the Radian would still be narrow enough to fit between two bigger seats (ie two Marathons, which is also what I would buy :)).

But hopefully someone with a Camry can chime in!

Congratulations btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC