SS1 in a Honda Civic?

Mommy0608

We're thinking of getting Tyler the SS1 because he's rapidly outgrowing his current seat, and I'm not ready to give up the convenience of an infant carrier. I drive a 2003 4-door Civic EX. Anyone know if this seat will fit reasonably? Also, can the handle be left up while in the car? Can it touch the front vehicle seat? His current seat has about an inch or two between the car seat and driver's seat. I may have to switch him to the passenger side and put Jessie's EFTA behind the driver, because it takes up about the same front to back space as his current seat, so it may fit better there than the SS1 would. DH would be very uncomfortable if he had to move the driver's seat up any more than it already is.

I thought about maybe putting the infant seat in the middle, but I don't know if it would fit next to the EFTA. We don't have a BRU very close by to go try it out, and I'm planning to order it online.

Any input? Thanks! ;)

ADS

bestjob-mommy

unless your backseat middle is alot bigger than mine i really don't see how the ss1 would work with the EFTA. i can't puzzle the SS1 with a Marathon very easily....

a radian on the other hand works very well RF in the middle of the civic without needing to move the front seats forward alot....

good luck on the car seat shuffle....

Mommy0608

i have an 01 civic.. my sister's SS1 fits great, very easy to install.

Good to know! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm also glad the handle can be left up, that'll save a little space as well. I kind of figured it wouldn't fit next to the EFTA since the EFTA is pretty wide and the back seat of my Civic isn't very spacious.

amie815

We had a SS1 installed in the middle of a 98 Civic with the handle down. I am not sure about next to another car seat though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC