Any extra head support available for a Marathon?

ADS

BW1426

Is there any extra head padding available for a Marathon? I looked on the Britax site and didn't find anything but in this post in the 3-across thread, one of the MAs has extra padding.

Is head support like that available to buy anywhere? Or does it come with all MAs?

You may have been looking at the Decathlon. The MA does not come with head support nor can it be purchased.

oursonend

You may have been looking at the Decathlon. The MA does not come with head support nor can it be purchased.

Hmm. Okay. In the post I linked to it said it was three MAs though. Is that a mistake?

I don't think we have the Decathlon here (Canada).

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Hmm. Okay. In the post I linked to it said it was three MAs though. Is that a mistake?

I looked at that post, and it's a MA in a DC cover/padding set. Not recommended/allowed by Britax. You can tell it's a MA because of the LATCH bars. (The DC doesn't have bars, it uses a single LATCH strap.)

No, the DC isn't available in Canada.

BW1426

The MA and DC are the same shell. Can you post a link to the post?

ETA: BookMama and I double posted. :yeahthat: to everything she said.

Chameleon

That is a Decathlon cover (which does have all the extra pads) on a Marathon seat. While not allowed by Britax others have said they fit just fine.

oursonend

Good to know! Thanks to all for the thorough explanation. :)

And OT: Just so I know, I usually embed my links in text. Would it be better if I didn't?

oursonend

Is this for your 1yo? If so, a 1yo is usually too big for the inserts anyway. :)

Yes it is for my1yo. It's only the head cushion I'm interested in FWIW. Although I don't know if they separate. In my imagination I could use just the head support and move it to the height that was needed. :whistle: Also very good to know it's not recommended though. I like to be properly informed. :)

I'm sure I can find something that will work but lately I am trying to avoid our usual mess of pillows and sweaters that I stuff in and fall out over and over, yk? So I'm looking at stuff that actually sticks to the seat. It will be more of an issue when he turns FFing, whenever that may be.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Good to know! Thanks to all for the thorough explanation. :)

And OT: Just so I know, I usually embed my links in text. Would it be better if I didn't?

Embedding links is great. However, I have found that when using the new Christmas theme, the embedded links don't stand out at all - you have to move the cursor over the words before it becomes evident that it's a text. The dark green of the link is so dark that it almost looks black.

BW1426

Embedding links is great. However, I have found that when using the new Christmas theme, the embedded links don't stand out at all - you have to move the cursor over the words before it becomes evident that it's a text. The dark green of the link is so dark that it almost looks black.

I didn't even catch the embedded link. It really is hard to see with the xmas background.

oursonend

Ahhh see I didn't even know there was a Christmas background! Oh well, I'll just stop til after the holidays to make it easier on everyone. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC