JJ Cole bundle Me and Graco Seats

bellaK

I heard that the JJ Cole Bundle me doesn't fit on a SS1. Is that true? We live in the north, where it is cold, and will definately need something like that for the baby to be in. Would it work better with a SR?

Thanks!

ADS

Maggie

Not sure whether it fits or not, but I just wanted to let you know they are not safe at all. They alter the fit of the carseat harness. I have 2 screaming kids right now :rolleyes:, so I'll let someone else go into more detail.:thumbsup:

mykidsmylife

Bundle Mes are a no-no... They are aftermarket products that interfere with the harnessing and should not be used.
When we lived in the north we used polar fleece snowsuits . I got a Columbia one on Ebay for $9 NWT.

Also you can get a cover that goes over the top of the seat only.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Actually, we strongly discourage the use of the Bundle Mes on ANY carseat. They are not safe because they cause strap routing problems and they add compressible material under the harness which would introduce slack to the harness in the event of a crash. :thumbsdown:

There are a couple of different products that are safe and will keep your baby warm, though. A "shower cap" style cover that goes over the entire seat is a good choice - that what my two sisters and their young babies are using right now on their SS1s in our cold Canadian winter (they're in BC & Alberta.) There's also a product called the "Carseat Poncho", or you could try a lightweight (one layer of fleece) snowsuit (not a bunting.) Snowsuits are still often too bulky for new newborns. Any of these can be augmented with blankets *on top of* the harness if you're still think baby would be too cold.

Hope that helps! :)

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

PP is correct. They are not safe on ANY seat. Anything that goes behind baby (other than a jacket) is a no no. Bundle me's also tend to interfere with the harness and how tight it can get. Also most car seat manufacturers do not allow any after market products on their seat. If you were to get into a crash and the seat failed, the car seat company could not be held liable since the seat was not used correctly

I also live "way up north" :) It regularly gets below zero here in winter. I either put the child in a very THIN fleece snowsuit (columbia makes great ones). Or a blanket over the baby. Or one of those shower cap type covers that goes OVER the seat is fine and will work. Just nothing that touches the actual harness

HTH

ETA: We all cross posted at the same time. We didn't mean to all say the same thing over and over :)

Auntie2six

Bundle Me's are not safe at all to use in car seats. They interfere with the fitting of the harness. They are considered an aftermarket product and they are not safe at all. You may think that the harness is snug but it really isnt because the bundle me is taking up a lot of the harness space, without the bundle me in, buckle your baby in nice and snug and then try to put the bundle me in and buckle your baby without adjusting the harness and you will see that it doesnt fit. You could use a shower cap style bunting for your baby. It goes around the top of the seat and not under him/her. If you think that is not warm enough you can put a blanket on your baby after you buckle them into their seat.

Shanora

I was born and raised in Yellowknife, so I know just how cold it can get there. I did use a bundle me in my Graco Infant seat when I didn't know any better. But now, I wouldn't use it. I know they are no safe. I would suggest going and checking out some of the shops and seeing about getting a fleece snow suit, and getting the shower cap style cover the ladies here have sent you links about, and getting some nice thick blankets to put over baby. Since the car seat will normally start out warm in the house, everything else going on and over baby will also be warm, and so baby shouldn't be cold when you take the seat out to your vehicle.

I'm due with my 3rd child this Feb (coldest month here in Edmonton), and so I can relate to your problem. I am planning on buying a fleece snow suit (google LL Bean they have some nice ones), and I have some thinker blankets, and also going to be getting a shower cap style cover for my SS1.

Also know that the Shower Cap styles you can go as thick as you want or as thin as you want, and for the most part are WAY better at keeping the blowing snow and wind out of seat than the bundle me's. When I had the bundle me in the infant seat, I remember having to use a blanket over the whole thing when I took baby outside to the car cause the wind would blow right down into the cuddle bag and onto baby, which doesn't really work if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure whats left up there for stores (I moved out of yellowknife 3 years ago) but I do believe that are some good stores that have fleece suits up there. Try Weaver and Devor (in old town) they might have some good stuff.

cpsaddict

For nice fleece suits, try Columbia Sportwear and LL Bean for good brands. They use really nice, blizzard fleece. I got both of my nephews one(Columbia brand) and they fit awesome in the SS. The Bundle Me might be ok if you cut the back out, but it's pretty spendy to just cut it up. The Posh Pouch is made of shearling, which is nice and warm. It goes over the top of the seat. My friend has an Eddie Bauer one that is waterproof on the outside. You can tuck blankets around baby and the shower cap style covers will help keep them on baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC