Newborn in a Maxi Cosi Priori

Splash

I am still loving this seat. LOVE it. Fits him GREAT! Actually, the bottom slots were TOO low, so I had to move them up. He is on the SECOND set of slots at 6 days old! Recline is good, harness covers are very thick so they prop his head up nicely :). It's easy to buckle him in, easy to load him, he seems comfy enough.
I had to change the harness in the Target parking lot, with Sam asleep in the seat. Not the easiest I've ever done, but not horribly difficult, either. Not nearly as bad as people were making it sound!

I think he fits better in the MCP than the SS1.

3070593375_6cbc9db385.jpg

3070593625_a02941d38f.jpg

3066211953_2fb1639eab.jpg

ADS

mish

He looks so much more comfy in the Priori than the SS1. I like the SS1, but it is so big for newborns. And good job adjusting the straps with him asleep!

Maggie

He does fit great! He is so darn cute!

I had a SS1 with the same headrest and returned it for one like this

I liked the headrest on my Ionic version much better. The first one (like yours) had a very non supportive headrest. The one that came on the Ionic did an awesome job of supporting her head.

He looks much more comfortable in the Priori!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Awww! He's so cute! That is a great fit! :thumbsup: I really dislike the SS1 for fit with a newborn, but I would think with his size that he would fit better in it than that. He just doesn't look as comfy in it as he does the MCP.

MomToEm - good to know that about the SS1 head support in the Ionic. I didn't realize they were any different!

Splash

I might end up buying an after-market head hugger for him in the SS1. It's not that bad, but not as supportive as I would like. Yes, yes, yes I am a bad mother. :rolleyes:

He's dead even with the second slots, and he seems quite comfy. It's the shoulder pads, they are so thick and so close to his head that they just prop his head up.

It's a REALLY nice seat. It might should be a smidge more reclined, but he's fine.

The SS1, eh, it's a car seat. I like it a lot, but for newborns it's not fabulous. I didn't use one for Charlie until he was 8 months old, and it was wonderful then. I'm sure in a few months it'll be better. It certainly would be better with the infant support shown above, but oh well. The picture makes it look worse than it is, though. He's okay in it. It would be nice if he would unfold himself, though!

Momof4Girls

I love the priori for a newborn...even a little newborn. I posted pics in another thread of a 7lbs 12oz newborn in a MA and then in a Priori...and a SR, I believe. He's gorgeous, splash!

Raechel

How adorable!!!!!! I love the fit on that seat!!! He does look much comfier.

I bought my friend that same ss1 for her baby and she fit much better in it than your son...(I dunno why)....and it supports her baby fine. She came home at 7 pounds 5 oz. 20 inches. All torso though.

Splash

He was 10lbs 8oz at birth, 10lbs even when he came home (SS1), and 10lbs 4oz in the MCP pics. 21.5 inches. SS1 is 2 days old, MCP is 6 days old.

essnce629

I just wanted to jump in and say congrats! I still remember you from the Baby Bargains boards and all your posts about Charlie's skin issues. My son has eczema so I've thought of you guys several times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC