Question Suggestions anyone?

NotJUSTamom

Just found out that we are going to have some unexpected visitors next week.:cool:.(can anyone say FULL HOUSE:eek:??) They have one daughter who is around Payton's age (a tad bit older, probably 8 now) and I know for a fact that she is not 4'9 (dad's about 5'9 and moms only 5'4.) DH and I will be picking them up at the airport ( while Grandma waits at home with the kids) and I'm not sure what to do about the whole booster thing. I'm expecting that she doesn't ride in a booster (if she does than YAY) but unfortunatley I have to expect the worst :thumbsdown: My question is should I just pull the "oops I forgot to move one of the booster seats out of the car, will you just sit there:whistle:?" thing or should I give my whole booster speech? I know it would benefet them to hear it, but I have had people get legitimately mad at me about it:eek:! Maybe I should bring Payton and have her sitting in her booster to show them?? What to do???

ADS

natysr

I would have it there and just say "You're seat is here." Don't say that you forgot and left it there. Don't preach. Just have it there and tell her to sit there. If they ASK why, then simply say "Oh she wouldn't be able to pass the 5 step test in the car. She's about the same height as ______ and she doesn't pass it either." Leave it at that. IF the ask what the 5 step test is, then tell them, but keep it short. People are much more receptive when they are seeking the information themselves.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I agree. I would add that if her parents say, "Oh, but she doesn't need a booster," your response should be, "These are our car rules. If she is in my car, she needs to use a booster. If you'd rather get a cab you're welcome to."

Only maybe not quite that rude, I kind of have a headache right now... ;)

keri1292

In addition, is 4'9" the law in your state?

I'd do a backless booster rather than a highback since she's not used to riding in anything. :)

NotJUSTamom

I would have it there and just say "You're seat is here." Don't say that you forgot and left it there. Don't preach. Just have it there and tell her to sit there. If they ASK why, then simply say "Oh she wouldn't be able to pass the 5 step test in the car. She's about the same height as ______ and she doesn't pass it either." Leave it at that. IF the ask what the 5 step test is, then tell them, but keep it short. People are much more receptive when they are seeking the information themselves.

Thanks, thats perfect! :thumbsup:

flipper68

Senior Community Member
In addition, is 4'9" the law in your state?

I'd do a backless booster rather than a highback since she's not used to riding in anything. :)

I wouldn't bother, unless you're worried the child will be too tall for the back. Using the back is safer AND the 'guide' makes it easy to fit quickly.

NotJUSTamom

I wouldn't bother, unless you're worried the child will be too tall for the back. Using the back is safer AND the 'guide' makes it easy to fit quickly.

Well, none of my kids use backless ones in my car anyway. I have a monterey for my 9yr old and a Monarch for my 7.5 yr old, so she will be using the monterey (theres no way she will be too tall for that)when we pick them up and then when/if we go anywhere with them she will use one of our extra Graco boosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC