Question Anyone have experience with a sit n stand stroller and disney bus etc

PEIMommyof2

Well, we are going to Disneyworld. Yipee :D Does anyone have any experience with a sit n stand on the Disney buses? Do they fold up easily and are the OK to carry on the bus? Do they fold small enough. I will be traveling with DH, DD (5), DS (1.5) . Sometimes I may want to go back to the hotel myself with DS and want to be sure I can manage the stroller, and DS on the bus. I know they have stroller rentals there at Disney but the prices are $31 a day for a double. I can buy a new sit n stand for that price for my stay... Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ADS

Brendan's Mom

Last year we took our Joovy Ultralight and didn't have a problem with it on the buses. I always take my own stroller because I like it to get around the hotels, pools and other areas where you can't rent strollers.

Our ultralight folded flat and one of us carried it and someone else carried our 8 month old....the 4 year old walked. It was perfect for my 4 year old because he could sit if he got tired, but could hop off quickly if he needed. I am a big fan of the ultralight because it has a big sunshade, is light and easy to manuver.

MoreLatte

I've not traveled with my sit n stand but I don't think I'd want to, either. It still is quite large and cumbersome when folded, My foot rest piece tends to fall off after folding, also. This stroller will not stand alone once folded, either. Then you have the tray sticking out on the front. Trying to manuever a folded sit n stand and a toddler on a bus by yourself may be a nightmare.

I have a 5y old and 2y old and we stopped using the sit n stand and usually just take 2 smaller strollers instead, our Pliko lite and Mac quest. The Quest or something similar in weight would probably be your best bet.

PEIMommyof2

Last year we took our Joovy Ultralight and didn't have a problem with it on the buses. I always take my own stroller because I like it to get around the hotels, pools and other areas where you can't rent strollers.

Our ultralight folded flat and one of us carried it and someone else carried our 8 month old....the 4 year old walked. It was perfect for my 4 year old because he could sit if he got tired, but could hop off quickly if he needed. I am a big fan of the ultralight because it has a big sunshade, is light and easy to manuver.

Thanks for the info, That stroller sounds great. We will mostly be together so most of the time it won't be a hassle. Now to find a Joovy ultralight at a reasonable price!!!! My DH will be in FL before me so if I can find one we can get it shipped to the inlaws!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC