Did anyone watch "The Family Man" last night?

Maedze

2000, with Nicolas Cage?

I never paid attention before but I noticed what the kids were riding in this time. LOL. :whistle:

The baby (not quite 12 months I'm guessing) was in a FF Evenflo overhead shield.

The girl Annie (six IRL) was riding in what I *think* might have been a Britax Advantage? It had the blue and red plaid. They had the head rest on the lower setting. Her whole head was above the top of the seat, and she was sort of perched on the seat because the wings were in her back. It also looked like they'd just cut the straps out because obviously they couldn't get them over her in that position!

ADS

sunnymw

LOL nope, but we did watch Jingle all the way, with 2 kiddos in lap belts only (i assume--couldn't even see the lap belts).

And then there's family guy, where stewie often rides in the front seat. And we know he's only 1 (under 1 in some episodes, not sure when that bday episode was). Not to mention maggie in the simpsons who's been under 1 and FFing for 15 years now... ;) (and riding in marge's lap in the movie).

Today DH and I watched The Stand on scifi, and it starts out with a family escaping, with the mama holding the baby. DH screamed at the TV. Of course they died shortly thereafter so it didn't matter ;)

christineka

I want to know why seat belts were not put on space ships. Star Trek the original series takes place in the 23rd century. You'd think they'd have thought of some safer way to brace themselves for impact other than to hold tightly to their chairs. (Only to be thrown all over the floor.)

PixieEMT

I want to know why seat belts were not put on space ships. Star Trek the original series takes place in the 23rd century. You'd think they'd have thought of some safer way to brace themselves for impact other than to hold tightly to their chairs. (Only to be thrown all over the floor.)
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO: Very funny!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I swear when I certify I'm going to start a movie consulting business and hire myself out to properly fit kids in carseats and boosters for movies and tv. Especially Disney movies.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

LOL. Lack of seatbelts gave William Shatner even more reason to overact as Capt. Kirk, didn't it? ;)

armyfam

I have never seen the movie but I notice carseat misuses on tv alot. I was watching the Tory Spelling tv shot a few months ago and saw their little baby FF with the straps on his seat so loose, you could see it flopping up and hitting his face. I was so shocked, I paused it to show DH. He actually agreed with me on that one.

Gena

There's a deleted scene from Star Trek Nemesis (the last movie with the Next Generation cast) where the Enterprise gets new seats with 4-point harnesses. Captain Picard laughs and says, "It's about time!"

AtTheSouthDam

LOL, I've affected my husband who wanted to know why the infant was SWADDLED and riding sideways in an infant seat while we were watching HellBoy II last night.

christineka

Nemesis is the only Star Trek movie I've seen only once. We rented it (back when we only had vhs) and never had a desire to watch it again.

I was irked watching "Enchanted" where the 6 year old is in just a seatbelt. She very obviously is too small and should be in a booster. They are in a taxi though and likely law states she's fine without the booster.

indigoblossom

tha's funny - i LOVE that movie and never paid attention. then again, i haven't seen that movie in years and i moved my oldest son out of his high-back booster at age 4 or 5 because back then the recommendations were different so carseat safety wasn't on my mind when that movie came out like it is now.

does anyone's LOs watch sid the science kid? i'm pleased to see that sid rides in a high back booster on his way to school, but in grandma's car (on the way home from school) he seems to just be in just the seatbelt. way to send mixed messages. he might be in a booster seat, though, it's not a high-backed one and it's hard to say, to me it just looks like the car's backseat, not a booster.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I watch Sid with my daughter. In Grandma's car he does ride in a booster-- a booster that he has outgrown so that his head is completely over the top of it! :eek: He might as well be in a NBB because his belt is positioned all right but he has no head support!

(Grandma has no head support either. It's almost as bad as the Wiggles in the Big Red Car. Or the Higglytown Heroes.)

BeckC

I noticed that watching The Family Man the other night. I rolled my eyes but kept it to myself because I was watching with my mom and my DH and they are sick of hearing about car seats. ;)

indigoblossom

I watch Sid with my daughter. In Grandma's car he does ride in a booster-- a booster that he has outgrown so that his head is completely over the top of it! :eek: He might as well be in a NBB because his belt is positioned all right but he has no head support!

(Grandma has no head support either. It's almost as bad as the Wiggles in the Big Red Car. Or the Higglytown Heroes.)

see that's why i think it's the car seat and not a booster. what boosters have a "highback" that low? the fact that the grandma's head rest is so low, too, just reminds of cheapo cars like yugos - which is why i think it would be even more important for sid to be in an obvious booster. i guess the only way to tell is to watch more closely when he's in the backseat alone and when they're bringing a friend and see if the empty seat next to him looks the same as the seat his friend sits in.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

2 words
inertial dampeners...LOL
i think the forcefields/shields along with the artificial gravity and the inertial dampeners was supposed to provide a smooth ride, LOL......of course, it's always when you're being shot at with phasers that your inertial dampeners go out...:rolleyes:

scoutingbear

You all have affected me way too much. I now won't watch the beginning scene of Super Nanny because she NEVER uses her seatbelt!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC