Cosco/Eddie Bauer/Safety 1st infant car seat 2008 model, harness height adjustment- pics

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, a step by step on how to change the harness level. This is for a Dorel (Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, Cosco) infant car seat without a splitter plate. Here is the bottom of the car seat:
100_0100.jpg

100_0090.jpg

Here is the clip at the end of the hip part of the harness:
100_0091.jpg

Slip the clip off the harness:
100_0092.jpg

100_0093.jpg

100_0094.jpg

Pull out:
100_0095.jpg

Now start sliding the chest clip and buckle tongue through shoulder slot:

100_0096.jpg

100_0097.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0099.jpg

Moving the harness to the appropriate height (always at or below the shoulders) and repeat in backwards order.

Last edited:
ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I had one of these at a Seat Check about a year ago, I felt like such an idiot when I couldn't adjust the harness level without reading the owners manual - the mom just looked at me like "why did I come to YOU if YOU don't know what you are doing?", but thankfully most of the other techs had also never had an infant seat like that, so we ALL got to learn how to adjust the harness height.

Haven't seen one since...

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I think I remember that one.

Hopefully the mom left realizing that this sort of hassle is the reason parents need carseat techs. What were the designers thinking???

(Hey Judi - just for the sake of being precise, maybe you should edit your post at the bottom and call it the "appropriate" slot instead of "preferred," and add a reminder about the harness needing to be "at or below" the shoulders for rear-facing? :) )

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was thinking that last night. I will go back to edit now. We carry two of these at work now. A stand alone and the Eddie Bauer travel system. With the other thread, it got me thinking maybe we needed pictures!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the helpful how-to guide, Judi. :thumbsup: So helpful, in fact, that we moved it to the Articles forum for handy reference.

Maedze

That's good. Is the new Safety First OnBoard seat (the one meant for preemies) like this, or does it have a splitter plate?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC