Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Cosco/Eddie Bauer/Safety 1st infant car seat 2008 model, harness height adjustment- pics

Ok, a step by step on how to change the harness level. This is for a Dorel (Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, Cosco) infant car seat without a splitter plate. Here is the bottom of the car seat:

Here is the clip at the end of the hip part of the harness:

Slip the clip off the harness:

Pull out:

Now start sliding the chest clip and buckle tongue through shoulder slot:

Moving the harness to the appropriate height (always at or below the shoulders) and repeat in backwards order.
    Last edited by Judi; 11-29-2008 at 12:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Cosco/Eddie Bauer/Safety 1st infant car seat 2008 model, harness height adjustment- pics

I had one of these at a Seat Check about a year ago, I felt like such an idiot when I couldn't adjust the harness level without reading the owners manual - the mom just looked at me like "why did I come to YOU if YOU don't know what you are doing?", but thankfully most of the other techs had also never had an infant seat like that, so we ALL got to learn how to adjust the harness height.

Haven't seen one since...
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Re: Cosco/Eddie Bauer/Safety 1st infant car seat 2008 model, harness height adjustment- pics

I think I remember that one.

Hopefully the mom left realizing that this sort of hassle is the reason parents need carseat techs. What were the designers thinking???

(Hey Judi - just for the sake of being precise, maybe you should edit your post at the bottom and call it the "appropriate" slot instead of "preferred," and add a reminder about the harness needing to be "at or below" the shoulders for rear-facing? )
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

I was thinking that last night. I will go back to edit now. We carry two of these at work now. A stand alone and the Eddie Bauer travel system. With the other thread, it got me thinking maybe we needed pictures!

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

See, great minds think alike!
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Thanks for the helpful how-to guide, Judi. So helpful, in fact, that we moved it to the Articles forum for handy reference.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 14, 65" 5 steps
    DD2 Age 11, 61" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

cool!

CPS Advocate

Curious, is it easier to rethread the harness if you pull off the buckle and chest clip first?

It is really easy to pull everything through all together. The harness slots are very wide.

CPS Advocate

That's good. Is the new Safety First OnBoard seat (the one meant for preemies) like this, or does it have a splitter plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Maedze View Post
    That's good. Is the new Safety First OnBoard seat (the one meant for preemies) like this, or does it have a splitter plate?
    No, that one does have a splitter plate.