Looking a low back booster

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I am considering the sunshine kids monterey since i read it can be used backless? Is that true?

I like the cosco ones, but they didn't get a rating on the safekids booster ratings so I am not sure how good they are. They fit well, since we have 3 across in both cars and one kid in the front.

Any other low backs that you like. I don't really like the graco one but we do have one.

Highbacks won't work, because they can't fit on the sides because of the windows.

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
For backless boosters the Olli is pretty cool :thumbsup: it has rigid LATCH :cool:

Yes, the Monterey can be used backless.

Maedze

I like the cosco ones, but they didn't get a rating on the safekids booster ratings so I am not sure how good they are. They fit well, since we have 3 across in both cars and one kid in the front.

There aren't any SafeKids booster ratings I don't think. Do you mean the IIHS ones :confused:

Also it really doesn't matter. Those ratings were for fit and that varies from kid to kid. If it fits YOUR kid and YOUR car well that's all that matters right?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/boosters/best_bets.html

This rating page?

I like the Cosco Ambassador/High Rise, though it's not even listed here. I think one of it's negative 'ratings' points comes from the fact that it doesn't offer a shoulderbelt positioner. Since I've never needed one and most parents don't use them correctly if at all, I don't think it's a dealbreaker. It may come in a box (or bag that's easy to open and reclose neatly as good as new) that you can actually try it out in your car and return it if it doesn't fit well (with all the tags still attached), that would be great.
Combi Dakota is another favorite, a good choice for bigger kids.

Tyler'sMom1117

neither car has latch, so i wonder if latch would get in the way.

The LATCH will just slide into the seat bight (where the back meats the seat bottom). I love the Clek Olli but I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have LATCH. There are much cheaper LBB out there.

I also would not buy the Monterey just to use it backless, again because of the cost and there being much cheaper backless boosters out there. If you want to use a HBB then the Monterey is a great choice.

ginny4

if there is no latch & you don't plan to use the monterey as a HBB, then i don't see why you need to spend that much money on a backless. a cosco high rise does the job just fine

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I just wasn't sure if i'd use the back when my 6 year old goes into a booster. I don't think i'd want her to start out with a backless when the time comes. We can not fit HB booster in the sides next to the door in the back because of the roof. I am thinking about getting 2 more cosco ones, I was just worried about that rating since they weren't on there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC