For Rear Facing only - EFTA or true-fit?

Which seat for ERF?

• EFTA

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • True Fit

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Cosco Scenera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

delgirrrl

I haven't seen either of these seats in person, (and won't be able to before purchase), so would really appreciate your suggestions as to which seat would be best for REAR FACING use. The seat will be used for ERF until weight/size limits are reached. Primarily I am interested in ease of use as this will go in the grand-parent's vehicle. DD is currently 10 months at 21 pounds and going on family genetics, (and her appetite!!) will be a tall heavy toddler.

I'm in New Zealand, so would appreciate thoughts on these seats only please, as many other great options you have available aren't here. We also have the Cosco Scenera available, but I understand this may not be such a great seat? Yes/No??

Mods - please don't shift to canadian/international - we have the US version of these seats here and so I'd like the US members to comment please :)

Any NZers reading, apparently the True Fit is due any time now... waiting waiting...

ADS

diaperjoys

We recently purchased the True Fit for our almost 3yo. Loads of room for him heightwise. He's putting on weight fast, and has only one pound until he's maxed out the weight limit. We tried out the EFTA in the stores, but his head was nearly even with the top of the shell already. The True Fit most definately lasts longer than the EFTA for ERF purposes.

NannyMom

Out of curiosity, because I'm stuck here in the US with only US seats.... If you can have a sweedish seat (that's what it looks like you have in your siggy picture), why would you want a US seat that can only RF to 35 pounds?

I like the Sceneras that I have, but DD is getting taller and I'm sure soon I'll be buying a True Fit. It has more leg room and a taller shell.

Kat_Momof3

truefit... highest shell for longest possible rearfacing, tallest top slots also, which means the seat will last the longest.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Triumph Advance can be anoying with adjusting RFing. The sealt belt can hit the knobs on the side. I voted True Fit.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If the grandparent's car has vehicle seats shaped the same as yours, I'd get a True Fit and not even consider the EFTA. The sculpting of your back seats is enough that I think you'd have troubles with the EFTA knobs being hard to use. They should be contoured enough that you won't have too much trouble accessing the harness adjuster on the True Fit. :)

So that would be my vote.

delgirrrl

Out of curiosity, because I'm stuck here in the US with only US seats.... If you can have a sweedish seat (that's what it looks like you have in your siggy picture), why would you want a US seat that can only RF to 35 pounds?

Yes, that is a swedish seat, a Britax Multi-Tech and I think it's fantastic. :thumbsup: However, I imported it privately from Sweden, and it was a pretty costly exercise. (around $500 US all up) I don't regret it for a moment, but now that I need a seat that will only be used occasionally, I can't really justify spending that kind of money. Especially as it seems my girl could get to 3 years in a 35lb max RF seat. We do have a Swedish seat here, the Brio Zento, but personally I think the shell is too short on it to get near the weight it's rated to, unless you have very 'wide' kiddies. :twocents: In which case I may as well get a 35lb RF seat which offers extended FF harnessing too, (our seats only go to 40lb FF) in the event I want to FF her later.

Thank you all so much for your input. It seems pretty clear that for our situation the True Fit would be the better choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC