Would you use a cover that. . .

Read post

• Yes, sure I'd use the cover

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • I'd only use it as a backup

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No, sorry. It's not worth the risk of using it.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Synchro246

My mom put two of my onyx Britax covers in her dryer when I specifically told her never to put any of my things in the dryer EVER :mad:. I ususally dry britax covers on low heat and I've never had a problem. Well, her dryer was on high and is apparently really hot.

The interfacing side of the Regent cover is melty. I don't know how else to describe it. I can take pics if needed.
It was actually the first time I washed this cover that I paid $90 for brand new :mad::mad:

Would you use it or not?

ADS

mominabigtruck

Ummm, I only dry my covers in the washing machine and yes this has happened to me. I would have no problem using it, although I will admit to calling and getting a free cover because of it. I think that if it can't hold up in a dryer on low heat then its defective:twocents:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ummm, I only dry my covers in the washing machine and yes this has happened to me. I would have no problem using it, although I will admit to calling and getting a free cover because of it. I think that if it can't hold up in a dryer on low heat then its defective:twocents:

I dry mine on air fluff, but I would never demand a new cover if I am washing/drying the seat against the manufacturer's instructions. It says "hand wash/hang to dry" for a reason :rolleyes:

Ahzryn

Nope, I wouldn't use it. Mom would be buying me a new cover, and if a new cover wasn't avaialbe, a new seat. Safety aside, the crunchy bits can't be comfy to sit on!

Synchro246

Thanks everyone. I was worried about the flame retardant factor. The harness slots aren't obscured. The crunchy bits happen to be in good spots.

My mom DID offer to buy us a new cover, but due to various factors including the fact that she allowed us to move in with her so we could save a nest egg I felt that it was too much. It's a cost of living here and the benefits definitely outweigh that cost:thumbsup:.

ETA--woah! I checked the poll and for 9 votes it's 100% yes use it! w00t! Only one post against.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC