Baby Swings??

ADS

misskerri

I picked up a Fisher Price Cradle Swing off Craigslist when I was pg with #2. She really liked the side to side swinging motion, especially when she was little.

rodentranger

I think CL or borrowing from another parent is the way to go. I have a Graco swing with sheep I got from another mom I know. YOu only use it for such a short period of time, I don't think it's worth it to spend much on them. Plus, not all babies even like the swing. DS enjoyed sitting in it, but how dare you turn it on! The bouncy chair took up a lot less room!
That said, I have not heard one good thing about the smaller "travel" swings. The motors aren't large enough to really swing a baby larger than a newborn.

kaysmom

We had a Fisher Price Rain Forest swing which we LOVED! We picked it up at Burlington Coat Factory for 99.00 I think. You can plug it in, which saved us TONS of money on batteries, and you could turn the part baby sits in either looking towards the front, or side to side (if that makes any sence!) so if we were sitting in the living room watching TV she was facing us, and if I was in the kitchen doing something I could turn her seat facing that way so she could still see me and she got a diffrent swinging motion which I think she liked.

Mom2three

firemomof3

Thanks for all the replies. I babysit a 4mo. and I borrowed a fisher price open top cradle swing but it doesn't sit up enough and he hates it. I'm thinking the rainforest model should sit up better.

rodentranger

He wired a cord to the battery connections. I don't know *exactly* how, but it involved a soldering gun, an AC adapter with the right voltage/stuff and some electrical tape. :D If I want to use batteries, I'd have to pull off the soldering first.

lovemybabies924

my son LOVED the papasan swings but because the side dont come up to contain the baby like the aquarium one or the rainforest one..he was able to "spin" sideways like a clock hand ticking (does that make sence?) untill he fell out...so i tightened the harness as tight as i could w/out hurting him and he would do it and just hang off the side untill i noticed!! so i would recomend going w/the rainforest one..it sits up higher than the papasan ones..(ive had the starlight, and 2 regluar papasans and they all didnt work out..i loved the aquarium one tho!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC