Car seat buckle covers

L

liliax

Hi. I'm new here. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what to do about the buckles on the car seat getting so hot. My 21 month old daughter finds them very uncomfortable and they make me a little scared that I'm going to burn her skin. For the leg buckle I've just been putting a little washcloth in between her legs. I haven't done anything yet with the chest clips but I guess I could do the same. Any other ideas?

Lilia

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You could put a towel or blanket over the entire seat while you're not in the car, something to protect it from the sun. Or maybe keep a spray bottle of water in the car to cool them down with.

Wendy

jenny03

I've also heard about people keeping ice packs in the seat. Might be worthwhile if you're going to be in and out of car a lot.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have a silver cover I put over Evan's seat that I got at USA Baby for carseats. It's made of the same material a lot of those sunshades for cars front windows are made from and it works great.

scatterbunny

I was also going to suggest a light-colored towel over the carseat when it's not in use. White/light-colored stuff really deflects the sun's heat. I also LOVE the idea of ice packs in the carseat when you're in the store/just before leaving home.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yep, we love the travel cold & hot packs! :D Cold packs in the summer & hot packs in the winter work wonders for comfort & for keeping kids entertained :p (Of course the child should be mature enough not to chew on them, etc.) :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC