Good booster/Help needed for my friend!

I am still learning boosters.... So far I know I don't want to recommend the FPSV booster(too thin), but great for my 3-across issues, and I am iffy with the turbobooster... I love love my parkway I just got though and so does my son.

Anyways... My friend's lil' girl is 45 pounds, 48 inches and has been in a harnessed seat her whole life(since I started getting into carseats right before she outgrew her cargo). She is in a britax regent(madison) full-time... Her mom is looking for a booster for her dad's vehicle to be used a few times a month and then for girl scout type carpooling... She is an only child and always will be ;-)

She wants to start booster training her. She is very hyper, but my friend says she sits nice in the car(but, she is harnessed).

So, what is a good booster that would be good for her. Her mom wants comfy, cheaper, but not turbooster.....

Any advice?

And for booster training? What age to start? I just realized Logan is 4 the end of January and 35 poundish(LOL).... I know I won't put him in a booster till at least 40 pounds and 4 years old...but this would be for emergencies only(when he does reach 40 pounds)........ So, when do I start booster training? I currently have no seats at my inlaws for him to ride in(i usually just uninstall our seats and put it in their car! They do have a booster for michael though(hbb turbo)... So, I would like to leave something there for EMERGENCIES Only.... If in an EMERGENCY would it be ok for logan to be in a booster at 35 pounds and 4 years old? WDYT?

ADS

bubbaray

Compass 540? Folds, supposedly good SIP, reasonable price.

I'm in Canada, so your second question about your DS is out of my comfort zone -- the minimum here is 40lbs (not that most people follow that, but YKWIM). I might have possibly considered using a booster this summer with my DD#1, who is 4.5 and 39.5lbs. She and DH took a daytrip via ferry and they needed a seat on the other end. He ended up taking her RN, but I was considering a Compass booster (the 530, we don't have the 540 or the 510 here).

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
It is possible to start booster training safely with a child that is not quite big enough yet. You just don't start the car. With my two youngest I would put them in a booster (older sis's) while I was cleaning out the car. If they sat still and looked at a book long enough for me to clean (5-10 mins) We would take a pretend trip to anywhere they could imagine. We drove to the moon, to Oz, to the bestest, biggest ice cream shop in the whole world, and to Jurassic Park. I made it as animated and fun as I could. We even practiced sitting perfectly still while the T-Rex sniffed the car.

THat is such a good idea with a pretend trip! OMG! Why didn't I think of that... I will let my friend know that...and that is good to know for Logan as well, because I don't want him in a booster really until at least 5...but I know I should booster train him anyways just in case-who knows when there will be a real emergency when he might have to ride in one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC